“Stunning restaurant first time for me to be lucky enough to dine at”

Reuben's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Twelve years of history, moments and memories, in one brand new location. Welcome to the restaurant home of South African chef Reuben Riffel!
Reviewed 16 January 2018

The most delicious meal with superb service. Fully booked mainly tourists atmosphere very relaxing. Beautiful art work did played throughout. A warm welcome by very friendly staff as you enter. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Decided to try Reuben’s
Pleasantly surprised - it was lovely.
Service and food was good, and the waiter was very friendly.
The only gripe was we had booked on line that day and they hadn’t checked and updated the booking list.
I even showed him my confirmation on my phone but he still went back to the computer to find the booking giving me the impression he didn’t believe me !
The restaurant wasn’t full so no problem getting a table.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Our best meal in South Africa.
Excellent lamb. Friendly relaxed service and reasonably priced.
The food was brillaint and unlike some restaurants it was not over fussy. Much preferred this to Foliage.
Magnificent room with great art work.
Great wine selection at good prices.
Highly recommend this out of all Franschhoek restaurants.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

This review is purely for the New Years dinner we had. I made reservations in advance but was never made aware that there was going to be such an expensive set meal, I thought it was going to be the standard menu.
Although the food was good (not amazing), and the entertainment was good fun, I was shocked when the bill for 2 people came to over £200. Considering food is so cheap in SA (most we ever spent at fine dining was £60) this was a massive shock.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This relatively new restaurant in town pips the other excellent restaurants this time round.

We are always spoilt for choice when we visit Franshhoek but the light batter on the tempura of prawns followed by the Ravioli of prawns and squid were out of this world.

Well done Reubens Team!