“Great menu,will lighten up your taste buds.”
Review of Le Coin Francais

Le Coin Francais
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Description: “Le Coin Français” embodies the essence of the Franschhoek valley by reflecting the heritage, elegant French cuisine and wine of the local area. Multiple award-winning Chef de cuisine and owner, Darren Badenhorst (previously executive chef of The Restaurant at Grande Provence), will take diners on a journey through his interpretations of nostalgic food memories.
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We booked this on whim, New in Franschhoek since last year. Good choice. A welcome addition to the great food already in Franschhoek. The staff were very good, the wine waiter was helpful and very knowledgable. Gave us the correct wines for each course. Correctly priced, as the standard of service and food was brilliant. A five star restaurant if ever there was one.

1  Thank wearytravel
le_coin_francais, Owner at Le Coin Francais, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am thrilled you enjoyed your visit and took note of all we strive to offer, from food to wine service to the price points we offer.

Our wine sommelier, Nash, is indeed excellent- I will pass on your compliments to him and Jasper who is instrumental in insuring service ties together in the seamless manner it does.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

A new restaurant find in Franschhoek worthy of a Michelin star.
Outstanding French cuisine - excellent service throughout our lunch and food
exquisitely prepared and beautifully presented.

Cannot wait to return.

1  Thank Ruth H

Good day Ruth,

Thank you for the lovely review. I will pass on your compliments to my entire team.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

As foodie fans of Chef Darren, we could hardly wait to spend an evening at his restaurant. We booked for a Friday evening and were treated like treasured guests the entire evening. Complimentary welcome drinks - local MCC were just what we needed to prime our palates. We chose the 8 course tasting menu with wine pairings and my husband and I cleverly chose different options so that we could enjoy the full menu :)
The food was beautifully presented and delicious to boot, the wines carefully selected and the service excellent.
The decor of the restaurant is lovely and the seating very comfortable. We can hardly wait to return for another amazing meal

1  Thank Carryn J

Hi Carryn!

Wow, thank you for such a fantastic review! I appreciate the kind words and the continued support shown in my career as a chef and restaurateur. We strive to give every guest that walks through our doors the VIP experience and I am thrilled you felt exactly that. I will be passing on your kind words regarding decor to my mother who was instrumental in the decor front.

I look forwards to welcoming you back for another VIP experience!

Thank you again.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Perfect Service, perfect team and an outstanding menu! A quite new restaurant and already A MUST in Franschoek!

1  Thank S H

Hi SH,

Thank you for joining us and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
I will pass your kind words onto my entire team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We had a fabulous night at Le Coin Francais in Franschoek. The food was elegantly prepared and absolutely delicious... the service impeccable. A special shout out to Jasper for being such a gracious host. The wine and cocktail recommendations and pairings he gave were spot on. A great selection of local gins and wines...which we love. Couldn't have asked for a better evening.

1  Thank rustiporter

good day,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review, and such a great one at that! Jasper is indeed an amazing host and our teams wine knowledge and drinks selection aims to showcase the absolute best Franschhoek has to offer.
I will pass on your compliments to my kitchen brigade, a chef is only as successful as his team and my team is incredible as you expressed in your review.

Thank you again.