“Definitely worth a visit!”
Review of Marbrin Olive Farm

Marbrin Olive Farm
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Robertson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a small family-run boutique olive farm nestled in the renowned Robertson Breede River Valley surrounded by the Langeberg and Riviersonderend Mountains. We extract extra virgin olive oil and process our own unique range of table olives and tapenade. Come and enjoy the ambience of the Robertson Valley as well as the taste of our olives and olive oil, a fruit well-known for its remarkable health benefits. Heading out of Robertson towards Ashton on the Red you will turn left into into Klaasvoogds East (NOT Klaasvoogds West) and travel for about another 2km's till you see the big green Marbrin Olive growers board on your right, turn in there and follow the dirt road for another 2KM'S till you reach the tasting room. Road can be a little bumpy in places, but worth it.
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Visited here with my partner and his parents, and was not disappointed. These guys are so passionate about their products, and so knowledgeable and good sense of humour too. We did a tasting, but we weren't charged as we bought a few products at the end of it. Definitely worth a visit, and products are not over priced. Between us all we bought quite a few different oils and olives.

CliveH896, Owner at Marbrin Olive Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hi Alan

Thanks so much for the awesome review, We are a little slow on the responses, but here we go. We are glad you enjoyed it and stocked up on awesomeness. Till your next visit.

All the best

"enlightening experience"
"lovely family"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

A fantastic visit, these guys have great knowledge, bags of enthusiasm and a lovely farm, topped by an amazing product, some of the best olive oil I have ever tasted, not forgetting the Kalamata olives. My only regret is that I did not buy more produce.
It was worth the bumpy ride down the gravel road, however, this adds to the experience, thank you Marbrin you have given us a reason to return to SA

Hi grillslave88. Thanks so much for your raving review - much, much appreciated :)
We hope that you return not only to our beautiful country, but also to our beautiful farm in the very near future.
All the best, Clive and Briony x

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I found this attraction when I looked for thing to do around Robertson. We had a whole tour around Robertson visiting the wine farms and went to this farm. We were welcomed with open arms by Bryony. We sat outside and 2 other couples joined our family. My husband and I with my parents in-law. Clive was inside with another group and the tasting started. We tasted from the olives to the olive oil accompanied with a bread that Clive bakes. The nicest bread I had in a long time! Should have asked for the recipe. I think Clive could work in the theater as he is quite the entertainer. He made jokes and the atmosphere was great. We ended off with the most divine Limoncello. We left will olive oil, olives and would have bought more but were restricted on the plane. We had a lovely visit and would go there again. I would make a reservation for lunch and taste more of the produce incorporated in their food.

Hi lily-botha. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to rate and message us a raving review!
We love to entertain on our farm and we're so happy that you guys enjoyed yourselves so much.
I agree the bread is fabulous. If you email us direct I will make sure Clive sends you the recipe ;)

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little piece of paradise very soon.

Best wishes,
Briony and Clive

Reviewed 11 January 2018

The road is a bit rough but the welcome is warm. Did the tasting and bought some olive oil. They were rather busy but Clive's? wife did the tasting and she was very informative. She did rather shout at us as if we were deaf old people but perhaps this was because Clive was also talking.