“good service and friendliest staff”
Review of Nom Nom

Nom Nom
Ranked #49 of 131 Restaurants in Somerset West
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Description: Nom Nom is an everyday eatery with a modern menu to help our guests create their own meal and experience. It’s all about you, choose between six different categories from; Breakfast, Nibbles, Bread, Light, Heavy or Sweets to design your menu. We offer everything from snacks, coffee to small plates or casual meals to inspire. Whatever your occasion, we will create a bespoke experience.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We were visiting nom nom for a quick 20th birthday brunch, the staff and our waiter was so friendly and helpful. They offered a free wine tasting for the celebration of our friend turning 20, what a joyful and vibrant experience we had. We loved it!

1  Thank monjakolberg
Owain J, General Manager at Nom Nom, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

We are so pleased you enjoyed our birthday promotion where you get a free wine tasting in the month of your birthday for you and a plus one! See you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We are on holiday in Somerset west and have 6 girls to entertain. We dropped in at Nom Nom and they were very obliging to have us at short notice. Calvin was our waiter, he was smiling, friendly, helpful, lovely attitude! The girls enjoyed their sweets and our cocktails were delightful. We will visit again.

2  Thank Charkie44

We are so delighted that you visited us Charkie44 and we look forward to when you are next in the area to join us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, unique menu that is well priced. By far the best restaurant in Somerset. Worth visiting.

1  Thank SethVanO

Thank you SethVanO for the wonderful review. We are so delighted that you love your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I visited with my two teenagers based on an Eat-Out review I saw on FB, which showed a photo of delectable looking chocolate milkshakes. This is a new restaurant in the place of Beluga - but I believe they are in the same stable, falling under the same company. The restaurant is quirkily decorated and was quite empty on the Friday afternoon we visited.
So the chocolate milkshakes came out similar, but not quite as good looking as on the pic we saw. My kids also ordered one plate with three churros on it to share. Their menu is extremely limited and as I am coeliac I had trouble picking something light on the menu for lunch. I eventually opted for the ceasar salad (which ended up being a very light salad- as in not much to it at all) and a gin& tonic. While we enjoyed our lunch I was quite shocked when the bill arrived and I ended up forking out R 300 (10% tip included). I found this to be quite expensive compared to other local restaurants. Justifying a price tag of R 65 for a milkshake when all it consists of is ice cream, chocolate syrup, two small brownie pieces and an edible straw (which is sold in bulk at the local Metro Cash & Carry) is a bit difficult for me.
So yes, perhaps one pays for the convenience of having some-one else prepare your food and eating it in pleasant surroundings, but I personally will not be taking my teens here again soon.

Owain J, General Manager at Nom Nom, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

We are disappointed you did not enjoy your experience with us at Nom Nom CorneCapeTown. Our Knickerbocker glory is a giant milkshake which we have received very few negative comments on. We are taking on board all feedback concerning our première menu and will be launching exciting new dishes over the next week or two.
We hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We were in need of a quick meal and a glass of wine so we though we would try Nom Nom, as it's close by our home.

Its a bright and open venue, the tables are well spaced and the restaurant is well lit, at lunch time, its natural light. Seating is very comfortable.

Their wine is good, from the owners wine farms. Service is friendly and efficient. The menu is not what one would call extensive, but covers the bases for quick and tasty food. I could never be called junk food, it is well prepared and presented and certainly titillates the taste buds. My wife had the Pork and Waffle and I had the Smoked Tomato risotto with a piece of Durada, mussels and calamari. It's the first time I have had Durada for years, it was never one of my favourite fishes, but chef certainly got this piece right, They are not large dishes but then it's not a main meal. We closed out with a good coffee and an excellent local grappa. My lunch completed in fine form!
Don't know if they have a different menu for dinner?

1  Thank Al D

Thank you Al D for taking time to write this review on us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us and will be sure to pass your great feedback on to our Head Chef, Sebastian, and his team. We consider ourselves and all-day eatery with one menu from brunch to dinner (so any dish can be ordered at any time of day).
We launch a new menu with some additions and changes over the next week or two and look forward to hosting you again soon!