As usual I am going to tell you the top tips of staying in this hotel. It is a must visit/stay hotel when you stop by Brunei. It is definitely a cheap way of having a good getaway especially for Australian travellers. I strongly encourage them to visit this hotel because they will love it! It is a hidden gem that has not been discovered by the outside world yet! So please visit if you want a real getaway!
I read a few reviews and a lot of tourists commented that the hotel rooms seem to be very old and used by previous hotel guest. The real truth about those broken or tattered ceiling or floor tiles was because of the poor workmanship in Brunei building industry.
Most of the building/construction workers came from countries like Cambodia or Thailand etc. They have little knowledge about building good quality stuff, therefore the poor workmanship in the hotel. I knew about this because friends from Brunei told me about it. But overall that did not bother us because this is an amazing hotel that everyone should visit! And most importantly the Brunei Royals owns it!
We stayed at the hotel in year 2009 and the lagoon was not under renovation. We did have a look and it was amazing but did not swim in it.
1: When you arrive at Brunei airport, there will not be any airport pickup service. Therefore you have to catch a taxi to the hotel. It won't cost too much though. Make sure you check out the Royal Path where all the nice tall trees are planted along the roads outside the Royal Palace.
2: There is also a house under renovation right beside the Empire Hotel, it is actually owned by the Brunei Royals. Have a look around and you will spot the big mansion. Its quite amazing.
3. Please treat yourself to one of the high-teas in the front hall of the hotel because the cakes are delicious!
4: Also make sure you take a swim in the pool and enjoy a drink at the pool bar. Its an amazing experience!
5: I also heard that the all you can eat buffet is quite good but we did not have it. And do not miss out the morning breakfast because they have a lot of selections.
6: I would like to also suggest jet-ski at Empire Hotel but only if you dare to try it. Do it at your own risk.
7: Hotel service wise - everyone is very well-trained and basically Brunei-ans are very tolerant and patient people. They cater to your needs and make sure you have a warm stay.
8: Last but not the least, Brunei is a small city with very unique culture. I do feel sorry for this country as it does not advertise much about their local attractions. There are a lot to do in this country and you just need to explore a little. Hiring a local tour guide or driver to drive you around is rather easy. This country does get very hot but if you ever lived in Europe, you will love the warm weather in Brunei! Eating is not expensive in Brunei too.
Check out all the photos i uploaded.
If you think my tips are awesome and helpful, click 'Yes' for 'Was this review helpful?'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the north eastern tip of Borneo on the doorstep of one of Asia's oldest rainforests, The Empire Hotel & Country Club is Brunei’s most prestigious beach resort offering unsurpassed 5-star luxury.This palatial resort hotel, which astounds visitors with its spectacular 12 storey marble and gold lobby, is set in its own private 180-hectare (445 acres) estate of manicured gardens and an 18-hole, floodlit Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and Country Club. Each of the hotel’s 522 opulently appointed guest rooms, suites and private villas has a view of the ocean, lagoon, gardens or golf course, while standard throughout the hotel are Imperial king-sized beds made with the finest linens, and over-sized marble bathrooms with walk-in shower, deep soaking tub with gold taps and luxury amenities. The Empire Hotel & Country Club also extends the kingdom’s regal hospitality with an impressive range of international restaurants, spa, world-class golf and sporting activities, and international meeting facilities for top level MICE gatherings, making it a resort ideal for family, romantic or business vacations. The Empire Hotel & Country Club is a member of WORLDHOTELS and recipient of numerous prestigious international awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Empire Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Empire Hotel And Country Club
- Empire Hotel Brunei