We have just stayed at The Seminyak for 9 nights and it was just perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff as so friendly, everywhere you walk they say hello and can't do enough for you. No one ever said no to any request.
The hotel is spotless throughout with fresh towels in the room, well kept gardens and an amazing infinity pool. The room was a great size but as other reviews have mentioned stay in the main hotel. We were in the garden wing which meant crossing the busy dirty main road everyday which ruined the resort feeling. Once inside though our room was lovely with a very larg e and comfy bed and a fantastic bathroom. They also left 6 bottles of water a day which was great, nice touch.
The location is perfect, walking distance to everything. I would advise you always walk as the traffic is so bad you can walk quicker than the taxis! Sunset cocktails next door at Ku De Ta were our favourite. It's also a perfect size as it's large enough to feel peaceful and not crowded but small enough to feel intimate. We were choosing between here and the W and I would recommend the Seminyak as it feels very traditional and more chilled. The W is cool but you could be anywhere in the world and it had more of an Ibiza style vibe.
We did the full board option which was great. The menu choices were endless and the Indonesian food in particular was the best we had in Bali. The drinks are very expensive though, especially wine. I understand wine is expensive in most of Bali but we felt the hotels wine prices were ridiculous, especially when we had a lovely bottle of red for £8 at Ultimo Italian restaurant which was a stones throw away.
My only other tip to the hotel is that it's lovely yoga is included that was part of the reason we booked. However attendance is very low and I think it's because it's way too early! 7.30am everyday with no other alternatives meant I only went once, too early for holiday. Other guests said they would all go if it was later and a sunset option would be nice on the lawn as well, would love it if they added that for our next visit.
Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so luxurious and special, we definitely felt spoilt and will send friends and family visit soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seminyak is stylish beachfront resort that represents a new era in Bali's evolving hospitality industry. The property is all about tropical sophistication with a choice of elegantly appointed guest rooms, suites and villas designed to accommodate the needs of today's savvy travelers. Set within a charming landscape that encompasses native greenery, lily ponds and traditional thatched pavilions.The Seminyak is a modern retreat with distinct Balinese touches that provides a welcome escape from the outside world. A signature brand of hospitality together with heartfelt service promises a truly unrivaled experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Seminyak Beach Resort And Spa
- The Seminyak Beach Hotel Seminyak
- The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa Bali