We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Best burrito!”
Review of Taco Beach Grill

Taco Beach Grill
Ranked #60 of 578 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been backpacking for the past 8 months from South America to Africa and now Asia and the babi guling burrito was out of this world. I've only had one other burrito that stuck out in my mind during our trip which was in Australia and this one may be slightly better. The flavors were so robust and unique. Definitely would come back here for dinner every time if I could.

Thank Janeli B
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language
  • More languages

118 - 122 of 1,301 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough about this place. My husband and I love Mexican and struggle to find anything that hasn't been overly Westernised but this was good. Still a Western spin but good quality food aiming for authentic flavours (not that we're pros!)
We ordered babi guling tamale, something kind of like a jalapenos popper but not quite, babi gulinh tacos and bbq beef chimichunga. Apart from the popper thing, which was still tasty, just different, the food was amazing. We like our Mexican spicy but the food itself doesn't come with much chili so you need to add it yourself, but with their huge selection of homemade salsas, tabasco, etc you can easily add the heat. And extra flavour. I'm just rambling now but seriously give this place a go.

Thank Kate C
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend the soft shell crab tacos. Also had the Nachos Supreme and Buffalo Wings! Great food, speedy friendly service! Mojitos good too! Happy hour 9-11pm 40,000.
Nice atmosphere, clean and tidy!
Give this place a try.

Thank mrbisq
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Service was a little slow despite the place being practically empty and my takeaway order took 20-30'.

The suckling pig taco was great but the deep fried avo and Sumatran chicken were rather bland.

All in all the prices were a tad steep as between a 70-80k mark for two small tacos plus the infamous 20% tax/service charges the bang for buck was poor.

Thank somada141
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Thanks for the comments. We're glad you liked the Babi Guling taco.

While a lot of people expect big powerful flavors in Mexican, most proper Mexican is nuanced and subtle. Experienced aficionados who've eaten in Mexico know that with the best Mexican food it is the diner who applies seasonings/flavors to his liking using the sauces and condiments we make fresh daily and supply free of charge. The Sumatran Chicken and especially the Avocado Crispy fries are good examples. That's why they are accompanied by the extra sauces custom designed for them. The cripsy avocado comes, for example, with a unique tomato ketchup we cook down from fresh tomatoes and habanero chillies, elegantly flavored with selected seasonings. It's a spicy, sweet, tangy, salt and aromatic ketchup. When used together, the combined flavor experience should be greater than the sum of the parts.

Everybody benefits from accuracy in a review, so kindly allow me to correct you. Tax is 10% and our service is a modest 5%. Therefore, the total is 15 % not 20% as you stated. The 10% is required by law, the 5% is included because so many visitors to Bali are looking for cheap food at cheap prices, and are poor tippers. Our staff depend on tips.

If you have a problem with a 20-30 minute wait for a takeaway order, it suggests you believe Mexican food is supposed to be fast - and cheap. And probably, that's been your experience. However, we are a true restaurant, not a Taco Bell franchise. We hand roll your tortillas fresh and often cook them after you order, as freshly cooked bread is a real treat in any kind of cuisine. We cook your orders properly, and with care. There is no substitute for time when properly applying heat to food, unless you want junk food which is frequently reheated in a microwave. As you can see, we don't sell cheap junk food for tourists. We deliver high quality Mexican to visitors seeking a good food experience.

Given the quality and size of serve - which 90% of our guests commend us for - we believe you receive great value with us, at more than reasonable prices. Frankly, given the quality and effort and costly ingredients we put into your dining experience, our food is a bit of a bargain at current prices. There are a lot cheaper (and more expensive) places serving you shredded synthetic cheese, factory-made store bought tortillas, and cheap lettuce fillers to fill you up, if that's your preference. It's cheap and quick. But we emphasize quality and selection, and that's not cheap. We do slow cooked, traditionally prepared traditional Mexican combined with elements of French, Mediterranean and Asian cuisines, and that will cost you a bit more than machine-made tortillas, shredded ice berg lettuce, synthetic cheese, frozen meat, chips from a bag, and beans from a can. You get what you pay for.

I sincerely hope this helps with your future dining choices. Thanks.

Bob, TBG - Original Home of the Babi Guling Taco

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner around 9:00pm which also meant happy hour! We ordered the nachos supreme which were SO delicious. A proper nacho platter with delicious toppings and five different salsas to dip into. We also ordered the beef tacos and a beef chimichanga. The food was so fresh, delicious and the service was really quick! We left feeling very full and satisfied. Some of the best Mexican food I've ever had! Thanks Taco Beach Grill!

Thank itsmestephbee
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thanks for these generous comments. A review like this is very much appreciated, since it confirms that in this instance we have achieved our goal, which is to have our guests leave feeling they have received excellence at great value. Customer satisfaction is always my main concern, and today I will be a little less concerned.

Again, thank you so much for this fab five star review. On behalf of our chefs and wait staff, we'd like to wish you an equally five star weekend here in Bali.

Regards
Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Mexican for Foodies. By Foodies.

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Travellers who viewed Taco Beach Grill also viewed

Seminyak, Kuta District
Legian, Kuta District
 
Seminyak, Kuta District
 
Seminyak, Kuta District
Seminyak, Kuta District
 

Been to Taco Beach Grill? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing