The Lodek Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Uma Sapna(Seminyak)
View Hotel
The Trans Resort Bali(Seminyak)
eqUILIBRIA SEMINYAK(Seminyak)
Seminyak Icon(Seminyak)
The Haere(Seminyak)
View Hotel
All reviewsevery morningexcellent locationliving roomthe main streetputuvillatvinternetbaliaccommodationcleanlinessprivacybutlermassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in villa no. 4, located in the heart of Seminyak, yet hidden in an alley, away from the main street, therefore very quiet and peaceful. We found the villa on the internet and immediately fell in love. Garden with the pool is as shown on the internet pictures, rooms are spacious and clean. Our housekeeper Putu was so friendly and helpful, he greeted us with a smile (and a lovely breakfast) each morning. We were given even a local mobile phone to contact Putu in case anything went wrong. The only time we used it was to ask Putu to organize a trip for us to nearby places. To be honest, I don't know what are all the negative comments about, but as we understood, the management is not the same for all the Lodek villas. The one we stayed in (no. 4, run by Maviba villas and resorts) was perfect! No issues with water heater, no issues with mosquitos (Putu and Hari made sure we had all the repellents available), everything was clean, the pool was great....would come back any time! This was one perfect vacation, thank you so much for your lovely hospitality.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

After spending 1 week in the North in a wonderful villa for half the price, we had high expectations. We were disappointed at arrival. We had to carry our suitcases because the street was too small for the taxi to get in. We asked for 4 bedrooms and got 2 communicating identical villas, number 2 & 3. A Nice Balinese young lady called Ayu stays at some kind of mini reception in the street and let us feel quickly welcome. The swimming pool is small and out of date and doesn't look like anything we saw on internet. The decoration is ok but everything looks quite old and the kitchen is very basic. Two bedrooms have a TV (Indonesian channels and dvd's only) but the tv in the living-room has got it all. Massages in the villa are offered for a fair price but there isn't any place or right bedding - except for the bed in your bedroom - to have one. A first shower showed us 3 broken lamps and 2 boilers going into flames... We won't be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I was a bit concerned after reading some of the negative reviews on TripAdvisor regarding this Villa.

Before we left Australia (but after I had booked) I contacted management to express my concerns re safety in the Villa and walking down the laneway to the Villa (considering myself and my elderly Mum would be staying there on our own). I also mentioned cleanliness, being rundown and other things mentioned in the negative reviews.

Management got straight back to me and assured me that everything would be fine. They had security stationed at the office from 9pm till 9am each night. They addressed all my concerns and they really did go above and beyond to make me feel at ease before we left Australia to be staying there.

We stayed in Villa 2. The Villa is only a 30 second walk down the laneway so we felt quite safe. There was no noise at all from the road. Yes, the Villa isn't brand new but it is very lovely. Management came to check on us half way through our stay.

It is in an excellent location. It is up the top end of Seminyak (not far from Oberoi) where all the beautiful boutiques, homewares shops and cafes are. Other Villas I have stayed in are down laneways that take about 5 mins to walk through and can get quite confusing to navigate.

It was a perfect Villa for us 2 ladies. Thank you to the staff and management.

Room Tip: Villa 2 is very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2017

The location of this villa is excelent , calm but just a few steps from restaurants, bars and shops. the staff is very friendly and helpfull (especially Ifan ). clean and nice outdoor rooms and swimming pool. free and good working wifi. fast connection to airport and good base for day trips around the Island.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We paid $732.80 USD in advance, for 4 nights at what was advertised as a luxury villa. Please don't be fooled as we were, by the photos on Tripadvisor. The villa may have looked like that once upon a time but now it is run down, grubby looking and neglected and bares little comparison to the photos depicted.

The villa was hard to find and is approached through a long narrow lane way which would have felt unsafe to walk along at night. The reception area is a joke. The Villa itself was badly in need of refurbishing. The out door shower area is overlooked by a two storey building so forget any idea of privacy. There was building construction going on next door and despite Lodek Villas website claim that "If we know the building work happen before your arrival, we will inform you immediately and help you to solve the problems." we were not informed and the noise was continuous while we tried, to no avail, to get the staff to tell us how to inform the owner/manager that we would not stay in such a rundown place and wanted a refund. We offered to pay for one nights accommodation as a cancellation fee but were refused. So we are out of pocket nearly $1000 Australian dollars. This was my fourth trip to Bali and the first time I have paid for a "luxury" villa and it was by far the worst accommodation to date. It spoiled our holiday and we were left bitterly disappointed.
You can find better accommodation, as we did, for half the price almost any where in Bali. I will also be contacting the Australian Ombudsman about the extremely unfair cancellation policy.

Room Tip: Best advice...stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends