The Ulin Villas & Spa
US$361
US$294
The Haven Bali(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$52
Blue Karma Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$107
Agoda.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$186
IZE Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$69
Agoda.com
Hotel Vila Lumbung(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$55
US$250
US$201
Agoda.com
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$96
US$214
US$181
Hotels.com
US$263
US$252
Orbitz.com
All reviewshigh teabedroom villaprivate poolevery morningbbq dinneroutdoor kitchencomplimentary mini barfoot massagevilla bbqeat streetcool towelsturn down servicemosquito coilsthe main streetlittle extrasour honeymoondaily breakfast
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I recently spent 13 nights at Ulin in a 1 bedroom villa with my partner and had a wonderful time. From being greeted with a big smile at the airport and with cool drinks and towels in the car to the villa to a smooth check in and a very sad to leave check out we had an amazing time! We were in Villa 6 which is perfectly located about halfway down from reception. The villas themselves are in excellent condition with all the amenities you could ask for with a good sized pool and nice garden areas. For the size of the villa and pool plus extras like breakfast, afternoon tea, mini bar and transport service that are included you really are getting good bang for your buck! The outdoor bathroom area is lovely plus having the dressing area inside in air conditioning is a good idea! The bedroom and living area are cosy and well laid out - my only gripe was the bed was rather hard - in fact very hard! However seeing this is my only quibble they're doing rather well! The room servicing was very thoroughly down every morning when requested - they would even straighten and tidy everything we'd leave out on the table which was a lovely touch! And coming home every evening to candles lit around the pool was wonderful and i never tired of seeing that when we came "home" each evening. We ate breakfast in the villas most mornings and ordered lunch in a few times and the food was all fine - decent serves and good variety. Coffee was the usual Bali style - if you do need a proper Australian style caffeine hit i recommend Sea Circus - great breakfasts as well if you feel like a change!
The car service at Ulin was one of the best parts and much more convenient then walking down to hail a taxi plus its nice to chat to all of the staff! - in the almost 2 weeks we were there they didn't have a car available maybe 2 or 3 times which was amazing seeing we were using them a few times a day!
I had a spa treatment and a massage and ear candling done through the spa - the treatment i had done in our villa and the ear candling and massage done in the spa. Although it was a novelty to get the treatment down in villa beside the pool and was still lovely i would recommend getting it done in the spa rooms - which are very nice and well equipped plus air conditioned! Plus the ginger tea they serve afterward is delicious! (You can get this with your afternoon tea in the villa and i recommend it - unusual and delicious!)
The location of the villas were great - just a minute or so walk from Ultimo, Trattoria and our personal favourite - Chandi (highly recommended). There is also a Circle K just up from Ultimo which is handy for extra Bintangs, etc plus they have a Commonwealth Bank ATM if you need extra cash (handy tip - they ATM will tell you that you can only take out 1,500,000RP however if you go back to the main menu you can type in your own amount up to 3,000,000RP). The staff there are lovely as well - I actually accidently left my card in the ATM and didn't realise until around 12 hours later and when i went back expecting the worst they had it safely behind the counter for me! Also considering how close they are to all the action it was whisper quiet at night! We were amazed that we could be floating in the pool in blissful silence yet in 2 minutes could walk to Oberoi Street and the associated noise and traffic!
The staff at Ulin were all without exception great - always smiling, friendly, nothing was too much trouble! From booking restaurants to organising transport they did at all! All in all we had a wonderful time at Ulin and i would highly recommended it to everyone as the perfect Seminyak hideaway - trust me you wont want to leave!

Room Tip: Villa 6 is perfect - far away enough from reception to be perfectly quiet yet close enough to make it a short stroll away.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Craig T
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear “Craig T”

Thank you very much for sharing your very comprehensive review of your most recent holiday with us at The Ulin Villas and Spa. It is always a pleasure to hear that you loved the every moment of your stay and to know that you were very pleased with the high level of service presented by our team members. As you outlined on your review, our aim is to present clear price policy with “no hidden charge” and I am very happy to read that you found our villa, service, food and our location is a great value for money. I sincerely value your comments on our mattress where we will immediately address. Our plan is to add “pillow top” over the bed to suit individual expectation on the firmness of the bed. Once again thank you very much for your review and look forward to seeing you again on your future Bali holiday.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed for 4 nights to end our Bali holiday and were so pleased with our choice. The 2 bedroom villa was perfect for our family of 5, in such lovely surroundings with nice little extras. It's really private and perfectly located for shopping, eating and heading down to the beach bars & restaurants. Great choice of breakfasts cooked in your villa, and very friendly staff. They all turned up singing with a birthday cake on my daughter's birthday so that was a treat. Very impressed and will definitely be back

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shelley C
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear “Shelley C”

It is a great pleasure to read that your holiday with us was perfect with a lovely surrounding, great service and the little extras that made your stay a difference. We were honored that you have chosen to stay with us for a special occasion “your birthday”. We all happy to hear that you loved the cake and our little surprise. Thank you very much for sharing the experience you had at The Ulin Villas and Spa to the members of tripadvisor.com. We look forward to be welcoming you back again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our trip to Bali. After a few days in Ubud, the hustle of Seminyak was almost overwhelming. Luckily, our villa at Ulin was like our own escape. The villa was huge, with two rooms, an outdoor bathroom, an outdoor kitchen, and our own small pool and massage space. The chef came to our room once to make breakfast, and the food was lovely. I also had an in-room massage and body wrap, which was frankly, totally amazing. Our room was so peaceful that it was hard to leave!
The main downside for us is that the hotel is not in a convenient location if you want to spend time at the beach. We had pretty vague directions from staff for how to get there, and it's quite a long (15-min) walk through a busy area, with lots of hustlers along the way. Since there is no on-site restaurant, you either have to ask the chef to cook from your kitchen, or go out into the town. Another issue we noticed is that the security is not very good for the villas - you can actually just unscrew the hinges holding the lock, and open the door. One other funny incident - the staff kindly made us up a breakfast to take to the airport before our flight, but the entire paper bag collapsed before we could eat it, because they had placed the liquids at the bottom of the bag and it leaked. Ah well - it smelled really good...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J_R_2010Tokyo
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear “J_R_2010Tokyo”

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to know that you found The Ulin Villas as your own escape and loved the entire moments of your stay. We are located in the heart of Seminyak where restaurants and funky shops are just step away and the beach is within easy distance (our other guests say 7 – 10 minutes walking distance), we regret to hear it was not up to your expectation. I sincerely value your comments on the take away breakfast where we will immediately address. It was a pleasure having you with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Let me begin by saying that the Ulin Villas are absolutely amazing. We spent five luxurious nights in Villa #2 as a part of our honeymoon from Sept 3rd - 8th, and were very impressed with everything.

The private pool and outdoor shower & bathtub were incredible. The pool was a perfect size for two people. The villas are very private, relaxing and serene. We were welcomed with flowers sprinkled everywhere, rose petals in the bathtub, a bottle of wine and fresh fruit. As a part of the honeymoon package, we were given a five course 100-candle dinner which was incredible and the Villa was beautifully decorated.

We also had a one-hour full body massage which was amazing. This was honestly the best massage I have ever had.

The serving and cleaning staff was amazing. The Villa's were super clean and service was quick.

Overall the Ulin Villas are amazing and I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. My only complaint is that I find it offensive that when my husband and I were together, under most circumstances, he would be acknowledged and greeted by some of the staff ie. "good morning sir" while I was not. In addition, the hotel one night left a note on our bed addressing only my husband "Dear Mr...." apologizing to him for the inconvenience of them having to turn the water off for a couple hours during the night. I am not sure why the Ulin Villas felt it unnecessary to address me in the letter. Might I add, the hotel was booked under my name so they definitely had my name.

Overall the experience was wonderful, staff were very courteous and great. I just find it offensive when my husband is acknowledged and I am not. Women and men are equal and should be treated as such.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa #2 and it was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JW4444

Dear “JW4444”

Thank you very much for your review and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and of course the warmth hospitality of our team members. We are all delighted to know that your honeymoon with us was as romantic as you ever hoped. We sincerely appreciate the feedback outlined on your review and we are committed to address the point you were concerned with. Once again thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your review.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Excellent hotel,found the bed a bit hard,maybee to encorouge more massages,excellent service,very well maintained inside and out.I would highly reccomend if you like privicy,a short walk to the street for shopping,bars and restruants.
Better than Bonnie doon for serinity..............

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear “Stephen S”

It is great to hear how much you loved your stay with us. We are happy to know that you had a great time and enjoyed the service presented by our team of dedicated staffs. We are excited and hope to welcoming you soon again.