“Vu was amazing!! The food was amazing!”
Review of Mondo Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Mondo Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is a fabulous, newly opened restuarant along the main road in Duong Dong, near the beach and many resorts. The food is all homemade, including the warm bread and jam! While we stayed in Phu Quoc, we noticed that many customers, including my wife and I, came back to this delightful place more than once. The Swedish owners and Vietnamese staff are friendly and welcoming and will do all they can to make your stay on the island a memorable one.
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Tasty food!! Vu was just amazing! Deff go back. I took my boyfriend out for his birthday. The wine was perfect. Vu really made the effort and found a candle for the cake to blow out. Amazing!!

Reviewed 19 March 2015

We have been there many times and they have good food.
The service is also good and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 13 March 2015 via mobile

After 2 weeks in Vietnam, we wanted a break fr the local cuisine and tried Mondo recommended by both our guide books.
It is a nice cozy place with nice lounge music... A great break from the night market we visited just before.
Both our dishes were EXCELLENT. my gf had the pasta with white wind sauce and clamps and shrimps. I had the mince pork spicy. I definitely recommend and would go back again.

Reviewed 26 February 2015 via mobile

We had high hopes for Mondo as we wanted a non-Asian meal, but were disappointed. The restaurant itself is really cool, the decor is nice and it has a good vibe to it. But the food... Not so much... We had the tapas and weren't impressed: the choices were too similar and just didn't cut it. The tempura shrimp, for instance, was everything but: it was a lumpy mess of batter & shrimp... Our 2 year old did enjoy the all-day-breakfast yoghurt and the drinks we got were quite good! Overall the restaurant just looked a lot better than it ended up being. Pity.

1  Thank myduckierocks
Reviewed 30 January 2015 via mobile

We went there with friends to get some Dinner. We heard good stuff about it so expectations were high

I ordered the Pasta in Blue Cheese and ham sauce and got blown away. Damn that was good.
Friend got bolognese wich was very good as well. Tapas are Great, too.
Only dish that didnt match the expectation at all was some Vietnamese fried noodles with chicken. Improovement on that Could be done.

But if you go there I think you plan on eating italian anyways