“Best food I had in Vietnam ”
Review of iris cafe

iris cafe
Ranked #14 of 364 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

What a find. Best vegetarian food I had in all of Vietnam. Try the Vegi bowl item from the menu, really amazing. Other dishes good as well. Shame I only found this place on last day I was on the island.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Lovely little restaurant with plenty of vegetarian choice (not a guarantee on an island with plentiful seafood).

Really tasty dinners - highlights included a tofu/noodle/herb bowl and a lovely vegetarian curry with rice. Staff also very friendly and the restaurant was clean.

There are some flashier, larger establishments just down the main road but the food/atmosphere at Iris were spot on for our holiday so we dined here three times!

1  Thank RachelontheMove
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Fast service, great fresh food and overall friendly restaurant. The one we were looking for in Phu Quoc.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I like trying out new places while travelling. Today is my day 13 in Vietnam and I was kind of bored of the local food scene. I just wanted to have fries and a simple soup. I discovered Iris Cafe on TA and I was pleasantly surprised.
The lady at the counter speaks English, which is such a big plus in Vietnam while ordering food. A lot of conversation gets lost in translation otherwise and it can get frustrating.
I ordered french fries and a shrimp soup.
The fries were good and just the thing I wanted to eat at that time.
The soup was huge! Good portion size. Tasted alright too.
The ambience is quite casual, almost like sitting in your own garden. I quite like the place. ITA outdoor seating with a roof and the place looks clean.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend ordering the fish of the day - we had the red snapper with hot & spicy sauce. What a treat! Some of the best fish we’ve ever had.
We also got the smoked sausage banh mi which tasted great but had definitely been modified to the western palate. Little bit disappointed it wasn’t traditional.
Overall, great spot to eat.