“Excellent Japanese”

Sakura
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Wyckoff
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are so lucky that Sakura's is in our our hometown. We used to travel about 15 minutes to other Japanese restaurants until one day about a year ago our son tried out Sakura's and recommended we do the same. It's been one of our favorite spots ever since. Their reputation for excellent Japanese food is spreading like wildfire. Every time we go now; there's usually a short wait; especially on the weekends. Sakura's is a BYOB which makes it even more attractive and their food is superior quality. Trust me - it's worth the wait!!! Sushi portions are very generous with thick cuts of sushi and sashimi. They have plenty of specialty rolls and dinner boxes at lunch and dinner. Some of my friends aren't into sushi; but we got them to try out some other dishes like stir fry terriyaki's; tempura; etc. and now many of them are hooked on this local eatery as well. Nicely decorated; pleasant staff and very reasonably priced for the quality and portions you receive. All dinners come with miso soup and a salad with ginger dressing. And if you like soup and noodles; they make they best Nabe Yaki Udon I've ever had. They also do a lot of take-out and have delivery service as well. If you live in this area; make sure you try Sakura's; even if you don't like sushi!!!
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little Japanese place tucked away in Bergen county NJ.
Very local, great service and delicious food, covering the full range of sushi and sashimi to tempura dishes, each equally tasty. Try the soups!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I typically order the sushi platter for 2. It includes soup and salad. More then enough food for lunch the next day. Great service and great food is a win

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed Sakura! My girlfriend and I got the Sushi for Two. Sooo fresh and delicious. One of the best Tuna and Red Snapper I ever had. Very large portion, It also came with soup and salad which was great. It is very nicely decorated and staff on their game. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I didn't particularly care for the food. My wife enjoyed it, but was very put off by a couple of the employees just outside the building smoking cigarettes when we arrived. She reprimanded them saying that they would smell of smoke and that it didn't look good to arriving customers.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

First, I love the decor and the design of Sakura; its a very quiet and intimate spot. The food is one delicious choice after another. My wife and I have asked for recommendations based on past orders and the staff was always able to provide something we loved. Very good food, excellent service and worth the money for a night out with someone specal.