“Class and Elegance in Chama”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chama
Dancing Wolf Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Chama B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2008

The Dancing Wolf Resort in Chama, New Mexico is absolutely wonderful in every way. The Innkeeper, Jim, is an amazing host, both gracious and discreet. His personal touch in decoration and style is without peer.

We arrived in Chama on a rainy Friday evening. Having traveled to the area quite often in the past, I was expecting a bed and a roof but not much more. When I was shown the suite I was literally amazed at the beautiful taste in decor and attention to detail. Every amenity was considered and none were forgotten. From the amazing tile-work in the bath that brings to mind a flowing stream to the wonderful walk-in double-headed shower that easily accomodates two, I could not have designed the bath better myself. It is large enough for a couple to comfortably get ready in the morning or evening without continually bumping hips with one another, (unless you wish to). All of the bedding, linens and towels were items that I would have chosen myself. The king-sized bed was luxurious, with decadent Egyptian sheets and gorgeous bedding. The television provided satellite service, although I couldn't honestly say that I was able to watch it in such a beautiful locale. A great sound system sat bedside, including an I-pod port that allowed me to play music from my laptop while lounging in bed on early mornings. A small patio/deck outside the sliding glass doors, (the two guest suites are on the second-storey), provided a wonderful location to sit and enjoy coffe in the morning and soul-warming single-malts in the evening. Both times of the day allowed for amazing views of the train station and beatifully rugged not-too-distant mountain range. The living area is plenty large enough to allow for guests and luggage, (including a large closet that allowed me to securely store firearms and clothing), without losing its' sense of intimacy. A beautiful fireplace sits in the main room although we did not have occasion to use it at the height of the summer. The mini-bar was fully stocked with snacks, cocktail mixers, white wine and a very nice cabernet. I had to use the ironing board and iron before making the evening rounds and even there, no expense was spared by our amazing hotelier. All in all, our lodging MADE our trip to Chama and I'd recommend the Dancing Wolf over any other resort/hotel/motel. **One note-For guests coming into Chama from different locations, I'd say that some of the local bars had the ability to be not-so-friendly at times, (although they were well-managed to avoid any problems), so either stay in the mainstream watering holes or make sure that you're comfortable with some confrontation. We managed to attract people's attention without attempting to in any manner, mostly by being tourists in local hang-outs. Overall, however, the scenery, hospitality and beauty of our trip will bring me back to Chama again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank casasdetapia

Reviewed 28 July 2008

This place is just amazing; five star ammenities. This property only has two rooms, adults only - no kids, no pets.

Balconies overlook "downtown" and the Cumbres and Toltec rail yard, watch the trains coming and going with the tourists and the kids giggling in delight.

The shops under the store are just super, the proprietor is just a great person. You get a fridge stocked with drinks and snacks included in the price, and a fresh snack drawer with treats.

Decorated in high end furnishings, it's like a mini museum. Luxurious baths, spa treatments available - you just have to check this place out.

If you love Chama, you will be won over by this facility.

If you don't "get" Chama, then I can't explain it.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AlbuquerqueRealtor