All reviews ski trip coffee pot motel nm comfort
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have stayed here twice. The owners are nice people and work to please. They readily agreed to our request for an early check in. The rooms are old and that could be a plus for some folks.

I found the rooms to be clean and has refrig/microwave.

No a/c but it is probably not needed.

I did not find any decent restaurants.

I would stay again.

Room tip: I think you can count on the owner to fill your needs.
Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed in one of the large rooms for three nights, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, and I was pleased with the amenities of the room-- cable TV, fridge, freezer, microwave, coffee maker, etc. No air conditioning, but my room had two ceiling fans that made the room very comfortable, and a screen door with a lock that I could keep open. The beds and sheets/comforters were pretty and soft. The decor in the room added to its charm. Deer would come near the inn in the evenings. The towels were very nice for a motel. I was surprised at how comfortable the room was considering it was also very affordable. I had no complaints about my stay, and I would definitely recommend it to others!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2011

These owners are very accomodating, friendly, polite, understanding and so easy to work with and get along with. We have been bragging to everyone we know on how awesome this place is to stay. Very safe, very clean and quiet even though it is in town. In the evening you have the deer coming out to eat and walk around town. So enjoyed sitting outside & watching the deer. Just thought that was the most awesome experience. With our crazy schedule we had reserved & had to cancel a few times. The owners were very understanding and worked with us with no complaints. And "YES" we will go back many times.

Room tip: All rooms are different themes. Pick one that fits your personality or likes!
Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed 24 July 2011

There's no place like the Cimarron Inn & RV Park. The Sanders treat guests like family, including pets. Hounds abound here and ours were welcome! Great rooms with western details and history within, comfortable, clean and unique. In the dictionary, there should be a picture of Deborah Sanders by the word "Hospitality." Stay here and explore the Philmont Boy Scout Camp, the old St James Hotel ... explore! Brava! See you again soon!

Room tip: Just tell Deborah what you need!
Date of stay: November 2010
Reviewed 22 July 2011

There are two low-cost motels in Cimarron—this one (Cimarron Inn & RV Park) and Canyon Inn. We have stayed in both. The two businesses are similar enough in name and location that people sometimes forget which one has their reservation. Take my word for it: stay at the Cimarron Inn & RV Park, do NOT stay at the other motel.

Our room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. Most budget motels in this area do not have air conditioning. This one is no exception, but the room was shady during the day and cool and comfortable at night. The proprietors bent over backwards to resolve and sticky situation involving the OTHER motel, and everything was resolved to our complete satisfaction. I highly recommend this property if you're visiting Philmont. (I cannot think of any other reason to stop in Cimarron, to be honest.)

Date of stay: July 2011