All reviews ski trip coffee pot motel nm comfort
Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

My sons and I stayed in the Cowboy Cabin. A park model version of a cabin that can easily sleep six people. It is clean and fully equipped, and it even has a great screened-in porch. Serves as a great base to explore the beautifully scenic Cimarron area.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Not a lot of choices in Cimarron. This is an older place, with several one story buildings with several units as well as some multi-room suites. It's close to Philmont. It does not serve breakfast

The plus - Slept surprisingly well considering the deep valley bed and ineffective A/C. It was basically clean, although the window sills were filthy. Non-HD TV worked, with a reasonable choice of channels. Had no problem with the wifi. Owner was helpful.

The minus: Deep valley bed, ineffective A/C, had trouble balancing the shower temp, so decided cold was better than scalding. Needs some attention to maintenance.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

We had a really nice stay in Rm 10 at this motel. The owner was very helpful and friendly and it made our stay even better. Although the room was small it was very comfortable and well maintained. She also has some beautiful dogs including a Great Dane. Well worth staying here. You can eat at the St. James Hotel which is another great experience.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Excellent location, with Philmont Scout Ranch about four miles away, the historic St. James Hotel just blocks away, and just sitting along the Cimarron Cutoff of the Santa Fe Trail. You don't have to go far to visit some amazing scenery and history. Be prepared to step back in time a little to a western themed, well maintained, clean room -- that includes the perk of seeing wildlife in the front lawn at sunrise while sipping a fresh cup of room coffee! Best? Cleanliness and friendly staff. Worst? well, we we're advised at check-in that the bear population was getting a little close at night...had to shut down the tent section of the park. Very reasonable rates, and owners were happy to accommodate upgrade when we found our son was going to be joining us.

Room tip: Easier to get in and out if rooms are near the end. One way drive through, and place was full when we stayed- guess the secret is out!
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank K W
Deborah S, Owner at Cimarron Inn and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words! We try very hard to give our guests clean, comfortable, and somewhat charming rooms. Glad you liked the Cimarron Inn, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this motel. My mother, daughter and I stayed in one of their rooms while my brother's family stayed in the cabin. We were on our way to Angel Fire and stayed over night at the INN. At first, when we pulled up, I was not too impressed. That all changed as we opened the door to our room and saw how adorable it was set up with the western theme through out. The room was clean, the towels were fabulous, there was a fridge in the room and a little TV. My daughter loved it. It was perfect for the three of us. The western theme set the tone for our New Mexico vacation. But it didn't stop there. My brother rented the cabin and it was AWESOME. He has 4 young kids. There was such a cute loft in the cabin to sleep in. The kids had a blast playing in it. The motif was great. It was clean, had a kitchen and a separate room with a Queen bed. Lots of linens & fire pit outside. The day of check out my mother and I went to the St. James hotel for breakfast. We were running late to check out. We asked for a short extension so that we could pack up the cars. The owners were very kind and allowed us the time to get out bags out of the room. They even let me peak in a few of the other rooms that were being cleaned so that I could see the layout of the other rooms. At this Inn all the rooms are themed differently and set up differently. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming. I believe the price is great and if we ever stay in Cimarron again I wouldn't hesitate to book a room at the Cimarron Inn and RV Park.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Deborah S, Owner at Cimarron Inn and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Cimarron Inn & RV Park! We have the BEST staff and we all take pride in trying to make our guest's stay as pleasant as possible. It is always nice when we hear back that our guests enjoyed their stay! PS: this is the first review I have been able to respond to as I've just figured out how to do this! (technically challenged, I am!) We really appreciate you taking the time to send in this review.