“great pulled pork”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Taos Mesa Brewing is a microbrewery, restaurant & indoor/outdoor "brewclub" on the spectacular Taos Mesa. We feature hand-crafted beer on draught, wine, delicious homemade food, premier live music & the best mountain-view sunsets in Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed 29 August 2015

I am staying in Santa Fe for a few months and I drive to Taos at least every 2 weeks to get a pulled pork sandwich from the Mesa. Best pork in New Mexico served with slaw on top and some great potato fries, it's all a simple man needs, but the beer here is also awesome. The stout knocked my block off.
I also went to the Lucinda Williams concert on the patio venue recently. Bring your own chairs but a great place to enjoy a show outdoors on the Mesa under the stars.

1  Thank eric n

Reviewed 28 August 2015

I loved this place. It resembles a warehouse and is nothing fancy, but a place where you can hang out with friends and shoot the breeze. There was a bluegrass band playing the night we went and folks were dancing. Outside there's a wonderful place for kids to run around and hang out. Dogs are allowed inside and out. The food was served in a timely fashion and was hot. My stew was very spicy! There are vegetarian options. The beer on tap was very good; I had a lighter version and my husband a dark ale. The view of the mountains is breathtaking.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

After a disappointing experience about a month ago, we tried again to visit what used to be a favorite. This time, no IPA on tap. None at all. Bartender was nice - but explained they ran out. Ended up with a pilsner and an alt ale, but not what we wanted. No table service, had to wait at bar for ordering. Burgers were overdone (ordered medium rare, got medium). No need to come back here again. Left feeling like we wasted an opportunity to support an establishment that has vitality, instead of one resting on (at this point) nonexistent laurels.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

Outside patio, friendly people. Beer choices are good. They were out of wine. Pets are welcome on the patio. There are food choices but we didn't try that.

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We stumbled upon this place after visiting the Earth Ships - and we are sooo glad we found it! This brewery has such a unique atmosphere with a great live music scene. It really is a hidden gem.