“Best root beer ever”

Blue Heron Brewing Co
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Embudo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Local brewing company that serves their own beers and local wine.
Reviewed 23 June 2015

We stopped in while vacationing after spending the day rafting the Rio Grande. The Rootbeer was absolutely amazing. We followed it with a nice sampling of handcrafted beers and enjoyed them all. We noticed this is where the locals live to hang as well. A nice group if people.

1  Thank dianaf299

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Family owned, great craft beers. Live local entertainment on weekends. Rinconada location easy access along the gorge highway when your travelling between Taos and Espanola. New Tap Room in Espanola has excellent food, also entertainment on weekends.

Reviewed 9 May 2015

Although this place has good food, it not the best I have ever had. I went there for the beer and wine, in this case it is some of the best.

Reviewed 3 April 2015

They could not fill my Growlers. They were out of Root Beer for my son's and they could not fill my Growlers due to some back draft system, was very disappointed.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

If you're in the Taos New Mexico area, make sure to stop by and sample some beer or wine at Blue Heron. I had the IPA which was a little sweeter than most I've had which was nice, it didn't pack such an overwhelming punch that many IPAs do. My husband and the Pale Ale which was par for the course. Next time I go back, I'm going to try the flight of their 5 different taps so I can try them all. This brewery also has some snacks, cheese and crackers, can't go wrong with that!! And there are also some board games to play as well. All in all, a fine way to spend an afternoon.