“Recommended ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Fast, friendly service. Chips and salsa spicy but not hot. I recommend the vegetarian or beef tacos. However the guacamole was a little disappointing, it was essentially mashed avacado, less than what I am accustomed to. Compared to other Santa Fe offerings El Paragua in Espanola is the best Mexican food we found on this trip.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We actually drove about 30 miles out of our way to have a meal here based on what what we had heard about the restaurant. We were quite pleased. The food was quite good and the ambiance was very pleasant.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The parking lot was full when we arrived, but they had room for the two of us. The wait staff was friendly, helpful, and so well schooled. One of us had fresh halibut -- not your typical New Mexican fare, but it was prepared to perfection; The other guest had pozole - well done and authentic. Try it - you'll be happy you did.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

This is a relaxed informal setting with great service. The staff are mostly Native American or Hispanics who fourth or fifth generation. I say this because it adds to the feel of this 200 year old home. Which reminds me, there is a huge Cottonwood and huge I mean it is giant growing through the roof of one of the dinning rooms. This restaurant has been in the same family since 1959. Warning, the green peppers are hot, really hot

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Sangria 9 bucks...I mean really...not a jug..just a regular sangria...
one small chile relleno..a mini taco and two spoons of rice...13+ bucks...and that too in Espanola...food quality was good...service was very average... but I did not think I was in New York or LA or a big city...this was Espanola...and for the price I paid and the amount of food I got...well...I will just leave it that.... NO repeat for me..NO value for money at all...sorry...

Been to El Paragua? Share your experiences!