“Authentic and warm”

Hacienda de Mesilla
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We recently stayed at the Inn and had dinner in the restaurant. Very very good ! We were warmly greeted and the service was great. Tasted a few different wines and had an excellent meal. I think this will be THE place to stay and dine in the area. The cantina looked like fun and the outside bar/pool area will be a definite hit in the warmer weather. Looking forward to happy hour on the roof top bar !!

Reviewed 8 January 2018

We went there on a Thursday evening and restaurant was nicely full, not noisy and our service was excellent.

It's an interesting, diverse menu. I asked our waitress for recommendations, followed her advise and ordered the pecan crusted salmon which was served on a bed of a medley of al dente vegetables that were chopped and tossed with interesting flavors. It was fabulous! My husband had the shrimp wrapped in bacon served on a delicious risotto. His meal was really good, mine was off the charts. All in all, a lovely experience. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Let’s start with the margaritas - three of us ordered the Skinny margarita and it was awful. Tasted like someone just dumped way too much lime juice in it to the point of being bitter. The bread was good with a slightly sweet flavor. Then two of us ordered the green chili crab enchiladas which came to the table cold and had to be sent back. Our friends were half way thru their entrees before ours came back warmed. The order of crab Mac and cheese was bland, grainy spaghetti noodles with a grainy dry cheese sauce and was absolutely awful. We couldn’t find any crab in it. We were too disgusted with our meals to even order dessert. The service was Ok but the servers were clearly spread a little too thin so not very attentive. I never was offered a water refill. Overall a very disappointing experience and wouldn’t recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We were looking forward to visiting this restaurant as we were passing through Las Cruces. The waiter was attentive and we ordered a margarita that was probably the worst one I have ever had. 4of our 6 member party ordered the blue crab blue corn enchiladas. Two of those dishes came out about 5 minuets before the others and were cold. The waiter returned them and they were brought back after all the other meals and were piping hot this time. The dishes were well presented and very tasty. My husband ordered the blue crab Mac and cheese and could not eat it. It was made with spaghetti and a very grainy cheese sauce, with little if any crab. Altogether a disappointing dining experience.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This is a really nice place to eat. I really liked the atmosphere. They have really great customer service and the food is really good even there prices. I had the hacienda burger and it was very well done. My wife had the steak quesadilla and that was really good too. The chips are the best I eating if you get their sandwiches. Also before they serve your food they bring bread with butter and boy their breadwas on a this world it was soft and delicious. You can also stay at there hotel and I heard positive things. I know where to stay and eat next time I come to New Mexico.