“Great discovery for breakfast!”
Review of Cafe de Mesilla

Cafe de Mesilla
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Cafe de Mesilla offers locals and tourists from throughout the world the finest locally roasted coffee and espresso, delicious French pastries, as well as full breakfast and lunch menus in a very relaxing and artful environment. Come by and experience authentic European style espresso or amazing piping hot coffees and specialty teas from all around the world in our friendly free Wi-Fi connected cafe. We are a two minute walk from the Plaza and have ample parking and a pet friendly patio. We offer a wide selection of hand painted Polish Pottery as well.
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I don’t know why we didn’t try this terrific place sooner! We had excellent hot chai lattes here late one morning and came back a second time for breakfast the following day. The great big mug of frothy chai was enough to bring us back, but the breakfast burrito with green sauce has added Cafe de Mesilla on our “Make Time for This” list.The atmosphere is a cheery New Mexican setting with local artwork and lots of tempting souvenir items. This place has it all: great food, welcoming staff, and attractive setting!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

We stopped in there for a quick lunch and the menu was pretty basic. They have a decent breakfast menu but lunch was limited, basically sandwiches and wraps. The service was pretty slow for all the more folks that were in the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Food was a little better than good people working there were extremely nice. Outside seating area made for making this place more friendly. Service was super and everything was freshly made. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We have found our favorite local cafe for lattes, breakfast and lunch. Having been several times now we have enjoyed eggs benedict as well as omelettes and sweet rolls on separate visits. Today we stopped for lunch with a delicious veggie hummus wrap and side of pasta salad. It's perfect for us since it's close to our new home with a patio for our puppy to enjoy.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I stopped in for morning coffee at about 9 a.m. The place is small, smaller than it's front courtyard. People are friendly, seems to be a local place, despite being on the main drag through this part of Las Cruces/Mesilla. Huge parking lot. It has coffee and other drinks, a small breakfast menu (they advertise lunch and dinner, too).

I was one of two customers there (the other obviously a local given the conversation he was having with the owner). I didn't feel like a big breakfast, so they offered an almond croissant, which I decided to take. The coffee and croissant were quickly delivered to the courtyard with nice looking Mexican pottery. The coffee was light, much like a Dunkin' or Tim Horton's whereas I'm more of a Starbucks guy. The croissant was warm, but the outside was dry, while the inside was very doughey. Didn't finish it.

I also thought, at $7 for a coffee and a Danish, it was a little pricey, given that I had two local brews, chips and salsa elsewhere yesterday for the same price. But, I guess I'd spend that at Starbucks, too.

Given all the other more positive reviews other members have posted, I'll likely give it another shot. But, one doesn't get a second chance to make a first impression. Mine was .... eh.