“Great Salad With Chicken, Gluten Free Toast!”
Review of Taos Country Club

Taos Country Club
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The coffee was good, I drink it black. I had the Organic Green Salad, added grilled chicken with a vinaigrette dressing. It was perfect. The salad usually comes with a baguette but I need wheat-free and they now have available gluten-free bread. It was excellent gluten-free bread at that. This is the best meal I have ordered for a Sunday Brunch! The dishes the other's ordered looked terrific. Seven others in my group ordered three cinnamon rolls between them. All were raving how delicious they were. Even though I did not have a taste I am confident the cinnamon rolls are worth ordering, if you can eat wheat.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"visitors"
"scenery"

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Course is beautifully maintained and has a spacious well-appointed clubhouse with bar and dining facilities. The course layout features multiple tees providing a challenge for for golfers at all levels of ability. Fairways are generous and the bent grass were in great shape. Driving range is easily accessible as is the huge practice green. Pro shop is well stocked and fantastic rental clubs are available!

A real treat for Taos Country Club visitors is found in the dining room! The menu is quite extensive and the service was top notch during our visit. Our choices, Prime Rib & Chicken Pot Pie, were delicious and the prime rib was served exactly as ordered. Deserts and coffee topped-off a special evening and the price was very reasonable. Reservations are suggested - don't miss this dining/golf experience!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Price was reasonable and course wasn't crowded. Course condition was good. Course layout is excellent. Wide fairways with undulating, bent grass greens. Putts tend to break down valley. Bunkers could use more sand but were very playable as is. Range balls are worn and $4.50 for small bucket... But you didn't come to play the range. We'd play there again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This beautifully maintained course should be on every golfers bucket list when in the Taos area. Even the club sandwich in the Terrace room and on the patio were perfect

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

It took an invitation from friends to meet them for dinner at the Taos Country Club to get us there. Why? Despite the fact that we have lived in Taos for more than 12 years and frequently go out to eat, the Country Club is "off the radar" for us. Not any longer. We had a delicious meal, drinks and dessert for less than most of the "go to..." places in Taos and Ranchos de Taos. My meal was a salad and the special for the evening, jambalaya. My wife had the seafood pasta. Our friends had the seafood pasta and the seafood mac. We finished sharing a turtle cheesecake. But as much as we enjoyed the meal, we enjoyed the scenery as well. There's no way to improve on the view of the Taos mountains and the sunset near Pedernal at Abiquiu. I also want to acknowledge the excellent serving staff at the Country Club. They were always there when we needed them and also always gracious. After tonight we will make it a point to include the Country Club in our thinking when we say to each other, "Where shall we go to eat tonight?"