“Went back two nights in a row!”
Review of Italian on 2nd

Italian on 2nd
Ranked #12 of 38 Restaurants in Raton
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I was delighted to find this restaurant in downtown Raton. The first night I had a pasta dish with green chile alfredo sauce and meatballs which was great. They had a lemon cake for dessert which is what lured me back the following night when I had lasagna and yes---lemon cake for dessert. I like the fact that the food was very fresh. I would certainly recommend this restaurant for those traveling to or through Raton.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The food here is more than expected even through the high ratings. Such delicious Italian food in such an unassuming place, makes the experience that much more enjoyable. Everyone at my table was left satisfied and happy with the quality and quantity of food. The service left a little to be desired as we had to repeat our orders several times and one person still wound up with the wrong (but still delicious) food. It does take a little bit of time, but really, waiting on it just makes it taste that much better when it does come. I highly recommend to anyone in the area or planning on passing through. Right across the main street in downtown Raton from the theatre, so grab a bite, then grab a show and fully enjoy Raton's charm.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The name says it all! Experience authentic Italian food in the wild west. A varied menu that will not disappoint your taste buds.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Closed for winter, Italian on 2nd is back open! Had the new seafood platter and it was awesome, I recommend it!
The service was great and I look forward to returning when I'm in raton next!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Sweet downtown cafe... home town atmosphere... yummy filling with good service... it was closed for the last part of the winter. Reopened now. I had the shrimp ravioli today

Been to Italian on 2nd? Share your experiences!