US$59
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$79
US$99
Agoda.com
Raton Pass Motor Inn(Raton)(Great Value!)
US$72
Hotels.com
Raton's Peak Inn(Raton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$77
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2016

This has to be in my top 10 bad hotels in my life. Pulled in Raton around 11 PM and looking for an economy hotel. My budget was less than $100 per night. I saw the sign saying $45 a night so I took a chance. The people hanging around outside their rooms looked like they were just steps from homelessness. Then I saw my room. I knew it was bad when both beds looked like they had been recently occupied. Like with the last hour. The front door had been rehung so many times it wasn't hanging straight. So none of the locks worked. And the chain was too short. So I had to block the door with a chair. I sleep with a CPAP machine which requires a grounded 3-prong socket. Not one of the sockets in the entire room was a 3-prong. I had to take the adapter that had the TV, the refrigerator and the A/C all plugged into a single socket. They were all 3-prong and adapter converted them to 2-prong. I won't go into the bugs. Or the nasty carpet. The mattresses were worn out. After brushing out God knows what out of it, I slept in the bed that didn't have the blood spots on the sheets. This place would be great for the movie set of a dime novel murder story but was a nightmare has a place to stay.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay! Please!!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

Totally gross. Comforter had stains and burn holes. (But the bed was comfortable.) No soap in the shower, with layers of dust on the holder. Tiny, fuzzy TV. Curtains had holes so the sun shone thru. I would be afraid to walk on the carpet without slippers. It was the only place we could get last minute. Yuck. But the lady who works there is very sweet with her two cats.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2015

I'm not one of those people who thinks I should somehow get 5-star amenities when I'm paying a 2-star price. I'm a big proponent of supporting small businesses when I can. But the Travel Motel in Raton turned out to be just a bit too "budget" for me.

We were passing through Raton on a road trip and had made reservations well in advance at this motel. We were pleased with the low rate we received for a room with a king-size bed. The pictures showed an older property with fairly spartan rooms and amenities, but passable enough for one night.

We arrived at about 10PM, and the friendly desk clerk checked us in, handing us a voucher good for 10% off various restaurants around town. Unfortunately, the room turned out to be far worse than we had expected. The curtains covering the front window were badly broken, necessitating creative jury-rigging to give us any privacy. The lighting was provided via a system of fluorescent tubes built into the wall, casting a harsh light. The bathroom was as clean as you could get it, but was just so old that there wasn't any way to get it truly clean.

The bed, however, was the straw that broke the camel's back. The bedspread was ancient and stained. The (synthetic) blanket had a number of holes in it from (as best we could tell) cigarette burns. The sheets were very old and smudgy. We tried to look on the bright side, but in the end we turned around and left, leaving the key on the table and locking the door behind us. We drove to the nearest hotel chain and paid what I believe was full price for a room. The maid no doubt had an easy job the next morning tidying up the room that we had stayed in for all of 10 minutes.

If you're not picky at all about your lodging and are looking for the lowest price in town, this is your place.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank yellowdog51
Reviewed 9 March 2015

We were on an adventure & pulling into Raton late. This hotel is very dated, but very clean! The room was huge! With 2 queen beds, there was plenty of room to move around. Fridge & microwave. Bathroom & tub were very clean. I always do the sock test on the carpet ~ it wasn't just shampooed clean, but was not filthy. Felt comfortable walking around in my socks or bare feet. The lady at the night window was so friendly & helpful. Comfy beds & pillows. Did not use free internet, so cannot comment on that. We spent less than $50 & were very pleased. Will stay again if our adventures bring us there in the future.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 1VintageMom
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Kind service. Right off the highway. The rates were unbeatable. They even gave us a card for 10% off at several restaurants around town. The room was clean. Felt like a Mom and Pop Motel...nothing fancy but there is goodness here. :)

• Stayed: January 2015