“Basic room, clean and comfortable. Dinner expensive”

Casa Lemus Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Reviewed 6 October 2017

It took a long time for me to check in, as the gentleman taking care of me was brand new, and was being trained. I was in no hurry, and that did not bother me. I had checked online and it showed the rate as $60, plus there was an illuminated sign outside which said rooms were $60, however I was told the rate was $69. When I pointed out the sign and the website price, I was told that was the rate if you were travelling with pets, and you would be paying a pet fee on top of it. I was eventually able to get the room for $67 but was not happy with the false advertising. The room was well appointed, with a large TV, plus microwave and fridge. Bed was comfortable and clean. Carpet was stained but seemed clean and did not have any odor. The free breakfast was a nice touch. However I felt that dinner was a bit pricey. There were not many choices for a light dinner. The food I ordered was very good, but for one person my total bill was $17,(including tip) and I only drank water.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Huddersfieldlass55

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Clean, well maintained and well run old style drive up motel and restaurant. Mauricio Lemus bought this property 8 years ago and has put in very comfortable new beds and has the best shower jet I've ever had the pleasure to use (sorry Speakman- we love you too!). The restaurant is simple New Mexican fare and GREAT hamburgers- all made by people who love cooking. The beer is served with frozen Mason jars with a lime attached and the iced tea is delicious! There are five breakfast choices included with your stay or you get a $5 credit towards any breakfast you want. Great old style grilled hash browns- and you can get mild green chilis added to anything- Thanks folks!
You can stay in one of the chains for almost twice Lemus' price or relax where Mr. Lemus' staff will spoil you. Thanks Casa Lemus, we will be back soon!

Room Tip: use the window unit for white noise at night- great sleep
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
casalemus2016, Manager at Casa Lemus Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you we love serving you so please do come back soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This place is not a fancy hotel by any stretch of the imagination but the rooms are very clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. The property is quite and off the highway. The rates were very reasonable. They have a restaurant on site that has very good food. We ate supper here and the highly recommend the chili Rojo. You also receive a choice of 5-6 breakfast options complimentary with your stay. The breakfast is very good and filing. Their cinnamon rolls are very good too!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
casalemus2016, Manager at Casa Lemus Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

we thank you for your realistic review and for your business. we would love to serve you again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This motel is a clean affordable place to stay for a night. The appearance at first seems a little rough. The parking lot is really cracked and give a rough appearance. The check in office has been moved to the restaurant building. This leaves what use to be the front office as storage building and give the appearance the place maybe empty. They need to clean this up a bit. Now on to the room. The room was very clean with new furniture. The tv was small but that was ok. The air conditioning unit was in the back wall by the bathroom and did not cool the room down very well. Either move the ac unit into the main room or put in a ceiling fan to circulate the air. It got a bit stuff/hot in the middle of the night. The place was pretty empty when we checked in at 4 but was filled up latter in the night. We stayed on a Saturday night. The restaurant had good Mexican food. I had carne asada and my friend had fajitas. Both were good and fairly priced. I would stay here again if traveling through Raton.

Stayed: August 2017
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Although the motel was an older one, the room was large, clean, and comfortable. They accept pets for only $20 extra and there was a nice area to walk your dog. The breakfast at their restaurant was very good and the staff could not have been nicer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
0.3 km away
Raton Pass Inn
#3 of 18 in Raton
2.4 km away
Budget Host Melody Lane Motel

Been to Casa Lemus Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!