Elephant Plains Game Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$519
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Umkumbe Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$509
  • Breakfast included
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
US$1,571
  • Breakfast included
Ulusaba Safari Lodge(Ulusaba Private Game Reserve)
US$1,016
SA Hotels
Dulini Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
US$1,997
SA Hotels
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve(Inyati Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve(Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Lion Sands River Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Cheetah Plains(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfounders campgranite suitessafari experienceplunge poolcamp managerlondolozi familystaff villagesand rivergame reserveland roverfinal nightoutdoor showeronce in a lifetimetree housea special placesouth africalife changing experience
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Londolozi sets the bar so high, I am convinced there is no greater travel experience in the world at any price. Ritz Paris, Mandarin Bangkok, all the resorts in the Maldives, Seychelles, Jumby Bay, Four Seasons, &Beyond and every safari experience in the world... and none compare. The luxury is unmatched but it is NOT pretentious in any way. You can feel the truth in Mandela's reflections on his many visits here. If I knew in advance I had one day left to live, I would live it here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank LosGatanTom
londolozigamereserve, Public Relations Manager at Londolozi Private Game Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear LosGatanTom

Thank you so much for the high praise of your recent trip to Londolozi. We are delighted that your experience was such a good one and that you felt that Londolozi rated so highly in your estimation. The time it took to send a review is much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

With Love,
Your Londolozi Family

Reviewed 10 May 2018

I wasn't really sure what to expect from a safari camp, but Londolozi exceeded ever expectation, and surpassed it by a kilometer! Every aspect of this lodge was magnificent from the moment you arrive at the landing strip, until the minute you leave, if with a tear in your eye! Our guide was a veteran of Londolozi, Sandros, and we could not have asked for anyone better. Eckson, our spotter was a great guy as well. The daily rides exceeded our expectation every day. I think my bucket list was filled in the first 3 hours. I don't want to spoil all the great things that happened during the day, but just know its spectacular.
LET ME TALK ABOUT THE FOOD! omg, you won't go hungry here. Anna, executive chef was a gem. What a special person, and fun x 10! I felt connected to the staff, T, the wait staff, guides, Lena (think thats how she spells it) from the choir! Also had an opportunity to meet Sheila, a consultant to the food department, and she was a gem as well.

I can't think on one thing I would change about the lodge, other than get the word out about how fabulous this place really is, and will be for the long run. I wish I would have gotten to meet some of the owners, but realize I am a small fish, but I would congratulate them on the conservations, leadership, and how much I respect their business.

Thanks

Dr. Keith Gran
Ronald Deharte

2  Thank KG_OREGON_GUY
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Set the bar for hospitality. Amazing food, wonderful accommodations, and – oh yeah – world-class game-drives through the bush veld to see elephants, giraffe, hippos, rhinos, lions, leopards, et al. We were paired with a ranger and a tracker who were experts in both finding and explaining big game.

Dear Jake A

We are so pleased that you took the time to write us a review of your time with us, and delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

With Love,
Your Londolozi Family

Reviewed 9 April 2018

My partner and I stayed at Founders Camp. The camps and a yoga deck are strung out along a footpath. Our chalet was the one closest to the main Founders lodge, which serves as a meeting point and houses the dining area. The upside was the shortest, mostly covered and well-lit walk. The downside was the occasional chatter of happy guests around mealtimes, but it didn't amount to nuisance. The chalet was clean, sunny and spacious enough for two. Our only suggestion would be to freshen the cushions frequently - beautiful objects, but also sat on by sweaty guests and subject to the humidity. Our camp manager, Helen, was host par excellence - on top of everything, helpful, personable, with a frank and easy manner. Our butler, Excellent, was well, also excellent. Most endearing, the way he said “thank you” every time he served our table. We’d thank him back, and so, gratitude was exchanged over every course and cup of drink.

The food was wholesome, quality stuff. Breakfast was a proper spread, and the braai and curries for dinner were so tasty that we have asked for recipes. The beef fillet, in particular, was grilled to perfection, and compared favourably with acclaimed steakhouses in London, HK and NYC. Some lunches were prepared better than others - perhaps by different chefs, but fine overall. Dining times are more flexible than at certain other properties, and so are the portions - if hangry, have more.

As for the safari, we couldn’t be more impressed. Sure, the wildlife cooperated, and we had the great fortune of going out with intelligent and gregarious people, the sort Londolozi seems to attract. But, I think, it was a winner because the guides, on top of their individual expertise and professionalism, work well together. There’s a lot of land to cover, and it takes communication and camaraderie amongst them to get the most out of each day.

Our guide was Fin - David Attenborough (except he says “gee” pretty often and is a wee bit younger) and Sebastian Ogier rolled into one; knows the land like the back of his hand; able to predict and narrate animal behaviour; makes birding look like an Olympic sport; and does not wear the pink patch. Our tracker was Inno - superhuman, as able to spot chameleon pretending to be leaf, 20 feet away, driven past, in the dark. They made a great team, and we always felt safe in their hands. Fin, a man of many talents, was also great with guests and tried very hard to give us the best possible experience. He even remembered the little things, e.g. how we like our coffee.

Without question, having seen two other properties in the area, we would choose Londolozi again. It's just far superior.

4  Thank EWJC
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Top service from the moment you arrive till it's time to say goodbye with a lump in you throat.
Every single member of staff give you 100% all the time.
Food was superb( you will need a diet before and after!)
The rangers and trackers were happy answer all our questions and there were a lot.
Rooms are faultless
My kids (14&7) hate kids club but they couldn't get enough of the one here.
My daughter had her 7th birthday here and they made it soo special including a choir from the village singing happy birthday to her whilst at the BBQ in the Boma,no future birthdays are going to top that one ,VERY SPECIAL
I could go on but you have to see it for yourselves.We saw so many amazing things including the big 5 in one day!
I genuinely found it hard to say goodbye.
There will be far cheaper offerings out there but you get what you pay for here,even put it off a year,save a bit more and do it properly here.
We will be back for sure.

Stayed: March 2018