Elephant Plains Game Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$531
US$464
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve(Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve)
US$2,038
US$1,970
Londolozi Private Game Reserve(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
US$1,586
SA Hotels
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
US$1,570
  • Breakfast included
Umkumbe Safari Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$519
  • Breakfast included
Ulusaba Safari Lodge(Ulusaba Private Game Reserve)
US$1,015
SA Hotels
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve(Inyati Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Singita Boulders Lodge(Singita Private Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Lion Sands River Lodge(Sabi Sand Game Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsour honeymoontracker isaacplunge poolsabi sandsgame driveswild dogssafari experienceoutdoor showerfudgethe riverbubble bathsouth africasitting areasinging and dancingevery guestcape towndifferent locations
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We stayed another 2 nights at Dulini Lodge. Dulini has six suites, its property is a lot bigger than Leadwood Lodge, many places to chill out.

Service is excellent, staff are friendly and helpful.

Our field guide, Fred and the tracker, May are great. If you are looking for a safari destination, Sabi Sands is a good option because it is so easy to see the big cats, we saw big five and many other wildlife. The Dulini collection is also a good hotel choice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Since we came here directly from Tswalu, which was an incredible experience, I was quite aware of how they were similar and different - and both deserve ratings of 5. With only four cabins, this was a bit more private in the hotel itself. But, since there are several hotels sharing the same reserve, we were much more aware of the other tourists and competition to follow and observe the same animals. That said, wildlife was much more accessible and we didn't have to drive as far to see it; in fact, one day it seemed as if a leopard was actually waiting for us as we drove out the gate for our morning safari.

Our room was large and lovely and the outdoor pool was a special bonus. I missed, however, having an assortment of snacks and beverages readily available in our room. But food was plentiful at mealtime and teatime and the food itself was excellent and we enjoyed dining in different locations - the first night in the "treetops"; the second with other guest in the boma; our last on next door on the deck of our friend's cabin that we were traveling with. I missed attention to the little things - e.g., the gas for our fire was empty so we didn't have a fire in our room the first night; the list of "reserve" wines that required a supplemental payment was longer than that of wines included in the base price. I recognize that these are quibbles and, while they don't affect my overall rating, they do suggest a wonderful experience might be even better - always room for growth.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WandereringWayfarers
Reviewed 2 June 2018

So much has already been said about this gem of a lodge.
We stayed at Dulini Lodge for 4 nights. Our guide, Dan, and tracker, Martin, made our time at Dulini so enjoyable and exciting. They couldn't have been nicer or more knowledgeable. We learned so much about the animals and birds that it has made me eager to learn more about wildlife.
There was such an abundance of animals and birds. We were able to view them up close. Because the neighboring lodges share their tracking information with each other, we were able to view even more animals. Vehicles were comfortable and well supplied with blankets, binoculars, sun screen and mosquito repellent.
Our tracker, Martin, had an extraordinary ability to locate the animals. A highlight of our trip was when Martin spotted two leopard cubs hiding in a drainpipe that eventually came out to be with their mother. It was a memorable moment. Other special sightings included seeing rhino, hyena, zebra, monkey, and elephant mothers each nursing their offspring.
The lodging was beautiful and the food delicious. We often took advantage of using our lovely outside deck that spanned the entire length of our suite for some of our meals or just for relaxing.
We could hardly wait to go out on the game drives or the walking safaris, and we didn't want to leave at the end of our stay. The staff were so friendly. They tried to accommodate any requests we had. They even provided a box lunch to eat on our way to the plane on the last day so we could maximize our time on the morning game drive. Not only were the staff at Dulini wonderful, but we also enjoyed meeting other guests from all over the world who came to this amazing place.
I can hardly think of any way they could improve our overall experience. For us, our time at Dulini was an experience of a lifetime.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We visited Dulini as part of our 11 day tour of Southern Africa prior to departing on a cruise from Cape Town. We would have to say that our stay at Dulini was literally an experience never to be forgotten. The welcome from the staff and their ongoing care and attention to our every need was quite exceptional. The lodge itself was exactly tailored to provide extremely high class accommodation and facilities to guests who were here to experience close viewing of wonderful creatures in the wild. Despite our afternoon arrival we were taken on a drive which revealed a plethora of wild animals and birds in their beautiful bush settings. Upon return to our lodge, we by chance glanced from, our lodge across the (then dry) river only to see a family of elephants walking along the other side of the river within easy viewing. After a short review of our luxurious personal lodge, which is obviously tailored to meet and exceed the expectations of those lucky enough to stay here, we headed off to a wonderful dinner offering choices of fine wines and matching food. Early coffee the following morning started the day with the morning safari drive (including morning tea) Breakfast upon return set a very high standard and established our daily routine of coffee followed by a safari drive, a hearty welcome breakfast and return to our lodge for a quiet time in the plunge pool or an equally quiet time reading on our balcony, a light lunch and another excellent afternoon safari drive. It is very easy to adopt the routine while at the same time experiencing what can only be described as an unique experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tss
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Disney claims to be the happiest place on earth but for me Dulini lodge is my happiest place. My husband and I visited in September on our honeymoon and I can not compare any other experience to our stay at Dulini.

The staff are the loveliest people, they were so accommodating. I was 10 weeks pregnant and the staff ensured I was always catered for, if I needed anything they made sure it was available. They also take the time to get to know you personally, nothing is too much for anyone there. Until you have experienced their hospitality words simply aren’t enough to describe the unique experience you will have at Dulini.

The safari- Over the years with my family I have done around 5 safaris in a number of Countries and my time at Dulini lodge was by far my favourite. We were extremely lucky with the animals we saw on Safari, we were lucky enough to see the magnificent 7!!! Seeing the Wild dogs and their pups was the most surreal experience that you only imagine you’ll see on David Attenborough shows as the sightings are so rare.

My husband and I are looking forward to our next trip back, it was by far the best part of our honeymoon and we will never forget it. Thank you Dulini Lodge, we will return!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple