“For Ruidoso not bad”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We ate here for supper and it wasn’t bad. It’s good enough to eat there anyway. We ordered the Salad bar, Sirloin steak (8 oz) and a chicken fried steak. The salad bar was well stocked and had a soup included. Typical everyday salad bar. Good enough. The chicken fried steak was OK but, it might have been because I was hungry. I asked the waitress if the cooks got your steak right according to how you ordered it and she assured me they do. Well guess what, they don’t. We ordered medium well and if you’ll look at the pics you’ll see it was shoe leather. The rub they use is good and the steak would have been too bad they cooked it right. Overall not bad and not terribly expensive. $31 out the door.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

The first impression was not great. When we sat at the bar the bartender looked at us and then ignored up. After 5-10 minutes she then came and took our order and informed our kids could not sit at the bar. That should of then been done as soon as they sat down.
The dinner was good and the service was much better than in the bar. It was super smoky and very disorganized.
The over all experience was as the title states OK-BOB’s.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great lunch time at K-Bob’s. Our waiter was very attentive and took great care of my elderly mother and aunt. Two of our party ordered burgers and they said they were delicious. I ordered a steak and it was cooked medium rare like I had ordered. One of our party had the loaded baked potato and it was huge and filled with vegetables and cheese. The menu also had senior plates just the right size for my 82 year old mom. I highly recommend K-Bob’s in Ruidoso. The food was good but the service was GREAT!

1  Thank rrsvargas
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Starting with the service to the food it was lousy. I should had run to a real stake house. The waiter was slow. only saw him once when he took our order after 10 min of waiting. till we asked the bus boy to call a waiter for us. Then when he brought us the food. The food was very disappointing. Had to remind the waited for silver wear. The next time we saw our waiter was to get our money. We had no refills of drinks..
The place was a real let down, I WILL NEVER GO TO K BOBS AGAINE. I WILL TELL EVERY ONE I KNOW NOT TO EVEN THINK OF GOING THERE WHEN IN RUIODOSO

Reviewed 4 July 2018

We hadn't been to a K Bob's since the last one in El Paso, Texas closed years ago. Those were great family restaurants made famous by their Chicken Fried Steak.
Needless to say, when we saw that there was a K Bob's in Ruidoso, New Mexico we were stoked.
We went in and were immediately seated at around 6 pm on a Tuesday evening. And we just as immediately asked to be moved to a different table because the smoke from the kitchen/grill was just too thick. No problem. We were re-seated quickly.

Three of the four of us ordered the famous Chicken Fried Steak. Two of us added the salad bar. The salad bar was good. Lots of choices and very busy (which wasn't necessarily a great thing given the number of hands, etc.) Our CFS arrived quickly and upon looking at them we KNEW they were not the same recipe we remembered back in El Paso.

I realize that unless food is prepared poorly or is old, etc. it is strictly opinion, but the CFS was terrible. There was far more batter than meat, and the batter was so heavily spiced that it took away from the taste of the meat. None of us were happy, but the service and the rest of the food weren't all that bad.

I must say that the recipe used on the CFS there is terribly disappointing. It truly created a recollection of the type of CFS you'd get at a Grandy's fast food restaurant. No exaggeration - I scraped off ALL the breading and ate what I could of the cube steak.

We ended up having to hit a convenience store afterwards to get a chocolate bar in order to kill the taste.
I am thoroughly including the disclaimer stating that this is my opinion. The food was not poorly prepared, and the salad bar and service were good. It's just that the CFS recipe is nothing close to what the old K Bob's had - and it resulted in four extremely disappointed patrons. The meal (since the main character was played by the CFS) was really terrible - sorry to say.

We'll never eat there again. It won't be because of the service; just because the meal itself was such a huge disappointment :(

Been to K-BOB'S Steakhouse? Share your experiences!