“Trip of a Lifetime!”

Morukuru Family Madikwe
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Where do I start!!!. I cannot express how overwhelming and satisfying our trip/adventure was at The Morukuru Family Lodge. The accommodations, the excitement of spontaneously coming upon the great animals, the pure and natural beauty of the Bush etc etc. However, what made the trip truly memorable were the staff. The people who welcomed us set the stage for an experience we will never forget. Although everyone made us feel like family, we interacted mostly with our specific guide and tracker, Stefan and Brad. with their incredible knowledge and commitment and humor it made the stay remarkable. Carrie and Rosemary were equally dedicated to our needs, The chefs, Sika, Justice and Evanz were genius in their food preparation. The "fairies" made our stay perfect. The dinner on the ridge was nothing short of mystical. Can't say enough. Need to return!!! Thank you for enhancing our lives. Joe and Mary P.

Room Tip: All are perfect!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Rinse W, Guest Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear joeanmaryp2017,

Thank you so much for taking time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the facilities during your stay at River House and Farm House. The entire team that hosted you (Stefan, Andrew, Brad, Godfrey, Carri, Rose-Mary, Sika, Masego, Justice, Evanz, Suti, Thabo, Lerato, Rose, Maggie, Amy, Mpho, Khetha & Susan) also really appreciate your comments about our staff and the food. Stefan can't stop bragging about the NFL Patriot's shirt and the team still laughs about some of the jokes that were made. We hope to see you back for another visit one day!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We stayed at Morukuru in August 2017 and had an absolutely amazing time. This was my first safari experience and I will never forget it. The location is absolutely stunning and we felt very comfortable and safe there. The beds and rooms were very comfortable and cozy (especially with the bedside fireplaces). The Morukuru family made every moment special. They had specially made cocktails, they ensured we were well fed while out on safari, they made each dinner location feel magical. I appreciated the attention to detail. The staff was charming and happy to assist us with anything we needed (or wanted) at any time. The Morukuru area is also very special, going on safari in Morkukuru meant that we were not competing as much with other lodges to see the animals- there were several sightings were we were able to spend 40 minutes to an hour just with the animals and no other cars- it was a once-in-a-lifetime feeling. Evan was our guide and Godfrey was our tracker and...wow...they were incredible. We were lucky enough to see the big 5!!!! I am still amazed at the depth of Evan's knowledge about the area and about the animals- I feel that I learned so much. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but I love animals even more now than I did before safari- being that close to wild animals meant something very specific to me. I want to thank Ilse too for ensuring we had everything we needed all set up for us each day. It was wonderful getting to know the staff and I truly treasure the experience of going out each morning and each afternoon and spending time with the animals- I'll never forget it. I would recommend Morukuru to anyone who is thinking of having an unforgettable adventure. Thank you to the staff for all your hard work.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rinse W, Guest Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear CristineMG,

Thank you so much for this truly wonderful review of your recent stay at Morukuru River House. We are very happy to read that we managed to make your first safari a very remarkable one! Having our own private concession inside Madikwe Game Reserve really is a huge plus indeed, as you mention already. Our team (Evan, Ilse, Shaddrick, Masego, Pedzi, Susan, Godfrey & Kheta) really enjoyed hosting you and spending time with you and we look forward to welcoming you back for your second safari any time!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Four of us stayed at River House and we all concluded that it was the best place we have ever stayed and we have stayed at a few around the world. We genuinely can't capture the reality of the experience in a few words but the location, the setting, the service and the team were all exceptional.

Our safari trips with Andrew and Boiky will live forever in our memory for all sorts of reasons.

Paula as our host at River House, Romeo's drinks and Munei's Michelin star cuisine made our stay unforgettable.

Thank you to all of the team for looking after us and providing us with a true highlight in our holiday of a lifetime to South Africa.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Rinse W, Guest Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear mlhuk,

On behalf of the entire team that looked after you (Paula, Andrew, Boiky, Munei, Romeo, Susan) we would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and review of your recent stay at Morukuru River House. It means a lot to us, especially since you have been on a few safaris before and therefor can compare with other places you stayed at. We are happy that we could contribute to this special trip, celebrating your friendship and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

An African safari had been on my bucket list for years. I'm so glad I got to experience it for the first time with the Morukuru Family. My friends and I stayed in the Farmhouse there are not enough positive words to describe the experience. Magical, perfect, beyond belief... it couldn't have been better. My friends and I kept reminding ourselves that it was real.

The staff took excellent care and were as much a part of the wonder of the trip as were the animals we got to see. A safari will be an amazing experience anywhere you go, but if you want to do it in style and with quality people taking care of you, you can't go wrong with Morukuru. I actually cried a bit when we had to leave because everyone was so wonderful.

I could go on and on about my experience with Morukuru and the trip overall, but nothing I say will do it justice. If you have ever wanted to go on an African safari, do yourself a favor and stay at one of the Morukuru properties.

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear PLWendy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad to read that you chose Morukuru Farm House for your first safari ever. Debbie, Warren Bugsy, Munei, Isaac, Amy, Ingrid, Mpho, Pedzi, Macbeth & Shimmy all very much enjoyed spending time with you and they really appreciated the special dinner together. We would like to thank you for recommending Morukuru Family so highly and we look forward to welcoming you back for your second safari!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We have just returned from South Africa, and are still raving and dreaming about our safari adventures at Morukuru. I am not even sure any review could properly describe and give Morukuru' staff the credit they so deserved. The top notch service from the entire team was just beyond our imagination and exceeded all expectations we could have ever had before arriving, Paula, Shane, Evanz, Boiky, Esmeralda, Masego, Maggie, Pedzi and Patrick were beyond incredible! We hit the jackpot with this team! My 50th celebration will never be forgotten, and you made me feel like a queen ❤️ Our first safari experience was magical, and exhilarating we were able to see the magnificent seven and being physically there with these beautiful animals made our hearts pound with excitement (of course this was only possible because we were with the best with Shane and Boiky's eagle eyes). Shane and Boiky have a passion for what they do, and it is the reason we were able to have the greatest safari experience. Also deciding to go tracking with the fantastic Evan was a learning opportunity and we are so glad he made time to share his vast knowledge. Now for the moment of truth....I am almost ashame to say that Esmeralda' s cuisine and Evanz cocktails were so outstanding that I am now crying to have to cook again. Esmeralda's meals were beyond fantastic and at Michelin stars level, we gain weight but it was SO worth it! Beyond everything great, there is someone greater and that is where Paula's magical baton comes in, Paula made all our wishes came true, and some we didn't even know we had. Her attention to all details were key to make everything happen with perfection and without a single glitch. Our beautiful tree house (it felt like our house while we were there) was so meticulous it seems that fairies were hiding in every corners and working their magic....not a single detail was left out, it made us wish we could take them all back to the USA with us. If there were additional stars to give to our Morukuru family we would give you a galaxy of stars! Thank you to the Morukuru' s owners for dreaming of such a place, and sharing it with us, and our highest respect for choosing such a beautiful staff, they make dreams come true ❤️ This place is magic on earth, and we have been blessed to experience it.

Room Tip: I guarantee you will not go wrong with any house or room you choose at Morukuru Madikwe, but if you...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Rinse W, Guest Relations Manager at Morukuru Family Madikwe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Luvofvoyage,

Thank you so much for this truly amazing review! Paula, Shane, Boiky, Evans, Esmaralda, Masego, Maggies, Patrick & Pedzi all had such a wonderful time with you. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the service our team provided, but that you also really appreciated the style and location of the house. You have been very fortunate with the game viewing as well, seeing all of the magnificent seven. We hope you will cherish the memories of your time with us for a long time to come and we look forward to welcoming you back one day!

#partofthefamilynow