“Open fire pizza”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Their pizzas are good. They are baked over an open flame so the crust may be burnt on bottom. Service is good and establishment is clean.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Well, Socorro doesn't have many places at which to get a drink when just staying the night. We asked at a store we were in for a nice place to get a drink. The clerk suggested Socorro Springs, a local brew pub. Good suggestion.

The pub was more than a bar. They had a nice menu of a variety of foods, focusing on their pizzas. We weren't hungry, so only ordered drinks and chips and salsa. First off, our server, Mariana was absolutely delightful. She made us feel as if she really wanted to serve us and was interested in providing us with what we wanted. I was unsure about what beer I wanted so she happily brought me a sample. While she was at it, she brought a second sample thinking I might also like this one. And I did. Throughout our short stay, she was pleasant and attentive.

Their beers tend to be on the 'hopsy' side with a number of IPAs and other beers with higher IBUs than I usually like. I got their 'lighter' beer. It was fine. But with a bit of a bite. My wife got a chardonnay (no, they didn't 'brew' the wine there). It was fine. We also got some chips and salsa. The chips were pretty run of the mill. As was the salsa. But the salsa had a bit of heat. Nice.

The atmosphere was clean and modern. Not overly cozy. But friendly. There was also a dining room which had much the same feel.

This was a pleasant surprise. We hadn't found much in Socorro that drew us in. The Socorro Springs was a nice treat.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We chose Socorro Springs Restaurant and Brewery because they advertised wood fired pizza and we were not disappointed. We ordered the El Bandido and it was done to perfection and tasted delicious! We had an excellent server and a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

In for dinner ~ 5p on a Wednesday. They weren't too busy ~ 1/3 full. Service was a bit slow. Tonight was 1/2 off wings so we tried 6 of the BBQ wings. Nice - no heat and a nice BBQ flavor. I had the cheese steak sandwich with fries - good, my wife had a burger with a side salad on the plate. Her burger though came without anything on it - no lettuce/tomato. Our waitress quickly remedied that. We enjoyed our dinner but it was just an average place. If we come back we'll try a pizza.

They mentioned Eddyline beer - I think that is their brew but I didn't notice any on the tap menu?

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a late lunch. The waitress took our order and brought our waters. 10 minutes later two salads were served. 20 minutes , nothing. No pizza, no soup du jour, no green chile cheese burger. But, the four top next to us who had walked in 20 minutes after us had their food. Our waitress came by and asked us if we needed anything. We said yes our pizza, our soup and our hamburger. She looked flustered and wandered off. After 15 more minutes she brought warm, not hot, pizza on cold plates. I like my pizza to burn the roof of my mouth and brick oven pizza served on a warm plate promptly will do this. She then asked if there was anything else we wanted. Yes, we said, our hamburger and soup. By then, the four top next to us was finished with their hamburgers and deciding on dessert. After 10 more minutes out friend went to the counter to inquire about his hamburger. Well, the young man said it got cooked but served to someone else. So, my friend cancelled his order. Our waitress came by to check on us and we cancelled our soup orders. 10 minutes later as we were done and about to ask for a check she brought the hamburger and one bowl of soup. We declined and reminded her that I hadn't gotten my cup of soup. She gave us our tickets, which were incorrect. The cashier straightened them out, separated them, took our cash and walked off. 5 minutes later she returned with our change. Was it correct, don't know. Just wanted to get out of there before I said something nasty. There were 6-8 servers, all young. No management in sight. Bad practice. We all left no tip. I was a waitress during college and lived on my tips. This group needs training, supervision I or to find another job. Definitely will not stop here again until the manager gets present or these kids graduate

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member