“Delightful lunch stop”

Ranked #81 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Southwestern, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Shady Brook Café is open for breakfast and lunch serving upscale continental cuisine using local, organic, fresh ingredients, yet priced affordably. Also served are gourmet coffee, fresh baked artisan bread and pastries, and homemade ice cream and sorbet. Vegetarian items are also available. Set among the tall pines of Taos Canyon, guests can enjoy outdoor dining on the patio or deck. Weekend events include fine dining and outdoor BBQ's with entertainment. Please visit our website to view our calendar of events.
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I spotted this place on a drive from Taos to Angel Fire, and determined, after reading reviews, to stop there on my way back. I was not disappointed.

You can choose to eat outside or inside. I ate indoors. All the tables have fresh flowers on them. My server was very helpful in describing portion sizes to me. I was a little worried about the menu, because I had read a lot of reviews of the burgers, and I'm not really a burger type of person - more of a vegetable/salad person. So I ordered the house salad, with the house dressing, and the cold avocado lime soup. Both came with croutons made from their artisanal breads, and both were delicious, with the soup being particularly distinctive, tasting mildly of cilantro. Perfect for a summer day! The price was good, the service attentive, and I really enjoyed it.

1  Thank gdionelli

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed at Shady Brook Inn for 5 nights. These condos are awesome...totally updated southwest decor with wonderful ambiance. The onsite staff is wonderful as well and very helpful. Enjoyed lunch and dinner at the Shady Brook Cafe as well. Such a nice couple with great talent and so eager to give their customers a good experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We are so thrilled that Shady Brook Cafe has opened, as we've been watching the progress of the remodel for a couple of years. What a treat!!! Love the beautiful breakfasts. My favorites are the regular Eggs Benedict and the California Eggs Benedict. So, different, so tasty. Have to stop at Shady Brook every time we go by. The staff are wonderful and so helpful. Highly recommend this darling hide-away!!!

Vicki from Oklahoma

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We planned a stop at Shady Brook Cafe on our way out of town after spending a week in Taos. The welcome we received was warm and the food was great, as was the service. The standard eggs Benedict was outstanding and the New Mexico eggs Benedict very unique--sweet and a bit spicy. As we got ready to leave, we were presented with a small bag containing 2 pomegranate scones. We were told that today was baking day and that these were left-overs. To our pleasant surprise we were also offered refills on our coffee in to-go cups. We've never had such an offer in any other restaurant we've ever visited anywhere in the world.

2  Thank 644WallyC
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I ordered a 3-egg omlet with carmlized onions and bacon, if it was 1 egg I would be suprised the 1 strip of thin bacon stuck out both sides of the mini egg dish, the onions were translucent at best not carmlized, and to say it comes with fruit...1 strawberry and a super small piece of honeydew. My daughter had the breakfast sandwhich it was ok at best. The fruit was the same, to say it comes with fruit and that is what they serve is just wrong that is called a garnish. I would not go back. The service was ok at best also.

1  Thank Michael B