“Great little family-run restaurant!”

Mariscos Mar y Tierra
Ranked #92 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We stayed at an inn on the outskirts of Taos (Adobe and Pines Inn -another gem!) and wanted something close by and almost passed this little hole-in-the wall. It was excellent food, great service, sweet couple who own the place. I had the shrimp enchiladas. My husband had the shrimp Diablo, and they were perfectly cooked and seasoned - some of the best New Mexican we had in Taos, with a seafood twist.

1  Thank suzangie

Reviewed 27 September 2014

I know this is a restaurant specializing in seafood dishes, but it was challenging for my husband and I to refrain from smothered green chile almost every day of our 2 week vacation in NM. That being said, we couldn't resist ordering the pork burritos smothered in green chile.

Never in my life have I tasted pork so delicious. It was tender and juicy and almost melted in our mouths. I asked the owner how he prepared it. He said he marinates it,as well as the chicken. Every green chile sauce is as unique as every cafe. Most of the green chile sauce we have devoured this trip has leaned more towards a creamy gravy.

The green chile sauce at Marisco's was more like a thick pork broth with lots of chopped roasted green chiles for the perfect heat.

The cafe itself is squeaky clean and no frills. Seasoned locals were eating at other tables. Service was friendly and attentive. We will definitely make it our first stop the next time in Taos!

Reviewed 14 September 2014

Not for those who want fancy! If you want really good food ( lots ) in a neat clean environment, this is the place for you. Obviously family owned. A 7th grade young man politely seated us and keep us in water and the best salsa ever. Think seafood meets Mexican. Yum Yum!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very fresh ingredients. Upon arriving, we had second thoughts-so glad we stayed! Not crowded at all on Saturday night. Family owned and prepared. Everything tasted unique and fresh.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We made a wrong turn and missed the center of Taos - but ran across this non-descript looking place in a little strip mall south of town. What a find! Great salsas. I had fish tacos (not a fried filet, but small chunks of fish) and my wife had shrimp fajitas, which were great. Rice lacked much taste. I noticed some squash in a burrito and asked if I could just get some squash. They prepare zucchini with corn and carrots lightly grilled in butter. Nice addition if you want some veggies, but it's not on the menu. Very friendly staff. Not much atmosphere, but it's clean and the prices are way better than in the center of Taos.