“Good Mexican food”

La Cocina
Ranked #42 of 132 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The Fiesta Salad was delicious. I had the beef and my husband had the chicken. I loved the Lime Margarita. Emileah, our waitress was excellent. She was bussing tables, hostessing and waitressing all by herself. It was also so convenient to our hotel.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I was staying at the Hampton Inn a couple of blocks away and La Cocina was recommended by the staff. So I walked up the hill at about 4 pm so had the restaurant to myself since it was late for lunch and early for dinner. The Chile Relleno really looked good on the menu so I ordered it. It comes with red or green chili so I made it look like Christmas and ordered both. It was served with beans and posole and was absolutely incredible. This is home made New Mexico style and not like you’d get at a typical Mexican restaurant. If I lived in Taos this would be my go to place. The meal was served with Sopopillas for dessert but being in piggy mode I also brought two Macadamia cookies and cheesecake back to my room. Tomorrow is diet day! LOL The food and service at La Cocina is unbelievable! I highly recommend you give it a try!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The Sopapillas are very tasty. Also had great Blue corn enchiladas. The staff was Super Friendly. Nice lunch stop.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

La Cocina can get busy so we got there a little early for lunch. Our dishes were excellent and plenty large portions. The lady who attended to us was super friendly and most gracious. Very good classic new mex food.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We had come upon this place after searching for open dinner places in Taos. We were tired of searching and pulled in and said we'd give it a shot. They have a combination of Mexican and American food choices. The food was really good and the waiter (Julio) was super nice, attentive and funny. The portion sizes were way bigger than we expected. It was a great experience!