“Authentic New Mexico Mexican food”
Review of Casa de Valdez

Casa de Valdez
Ranked #27 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We walked here from hotel. Sat on patio and enjoyed a fine breeze at sunset. Good margaritas (not great but still worth the drink). Tamale was best ever. Food super delicious. Service is slow but we weren’t in a hurry so it didn’t matter. The barbecue smelled yummy but we stuck to the Mexican entrees.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Great food and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Whenever I go somewhere new, I like to ask the wait stuff for local recommendations. They certainly did not fail me.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Local told me to do it and they where right. This place has smoked meats and Mexican food and they do both great. One of the best Briskets I have had and the wife's Mexican was great. I am starting to create a theme for our travels, ask the locals.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

It was a recommended place during our stop. The enchiladas and stuffed sopapillos were wonderful. My wife and I had a nice evening out.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This restaurant has been a Taos "staple" for many, many years. I remember going there years ago with family members when I lived in Taos. They serve liquor and the cuisine is primarily Mexican food and barbeque. There is also a patio dining area used seasonally. The service was excellent as well. There is plenty of parking available and the restaurant is conveniently located on the south end of town. The barbeque selections are wonderful---highly recommended!