“Bed Shot/Nauseating Mildew Smell”

Blackstone Hotsprings
More attraction details
Owner description: Blackstone Hotsprings is located in the historic downtown commercial district of Truth or Consequences, New Mexico along the Healing Waters Trail. Our lodging guests enjoy newly remodeled luxury accommodations, with a custom tub for unlimited private soaking in each room. Since the town of Truth or Consequences is named after a TV show, each room at Blackstone Hotsprings takes a TV show (or character) as its theme. In these fast times, the nostalgia of a television show that you grew up with and loved can be therapeutic - transporting you back to a time when lives were somehow simpler. Rooms at Blackstone Hotsprings include: Roy Rogers, Babaloo, The Jetsons, The Twilight Zone, Golden Girls, As The World Turns and our newest room The Adventures of Superman. Each room includes original works of art, studio photos and posters, a combination of classic and retro furnishings, and just a little bit of kitsch! Both lodging guests and walk-in bathers can use our spa - The Wet Room - a tropical paradise, with water features flowing from the hot spring for soaking, steaming, showering and massage. The Blackstone courtyard is the perfect place to sit and cool after your mineral bath. Relax in the sun or in the shade, read a book, or enjoy the landscape. The Spa is open for walk-in bathers and tours from 9am - 9pm each day. We recommend you take a tour during housekeeping hours- 11am-3pm- so you can see a bit more!
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We've been regular guests since 2012 at least four times a year. We were somewhat accustomed to being punished with The Studio room if we wanted to bring our dog as it is the only room dogs are permitted in, but the bed was never this bad and the bathroom didn't have a nauseating mildew smell, now it's intolerable. The mattress is so bad that every worn out pocketed coil can be felt as a lump everywhere you try to get comfortable but can't, the pillows were shot also. When I informed the manager of the worn out condition of the matress she immediately argued that the mattress was fine and it was the Murphy Bed frame that was the culprit and insisted the mattress was not a problem, my aching back would disagree with her completely, and if they know the bed frame is a problem, why is it still there! Everyone knows a poor foundation will ware out a mattress quickly and a Murphy bed doesn't really have a foundation, they should put a real bed in the room or be prepared to replace the mattress more often! My patience worn thin from back pain I didn't like being told the worn out mattress was fine and I got mad, "the customer is always right" must not be the rule of thumb here. She did say I should have mentioned the bed after the first night and she would have moved me to a different room. I reminded her that we had a dog and website states that The Studio room was the only dog friendly room NO EXCEPTIONS DON'T ASK. She countered with, I would have made an exception if you were't happy with the room, with what the website stated I didn't even consider asking, and it adds insult to injury to be told we could have after it was too late! So for you all you out there with dogs, all you have to do is book The Studio and complain about the condition of the room and they will make an exception...
This used to be a peaceful place other than the late night semi-truck deliveries to the auto parts store right next door. Now there is a new club, The Brewery, at the back of the parking lot directly across the street treating you to loud thumping music till the bar closes at 2:00 AM, the manager said "well, we have no control over that, we're still booked up" The bar just opened and she isn't even there at night to even know how bad it is...
This place is way over priced for what it is!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We have been going for 6 years a couple of times a year. Went there Oct 18, 2017. We were relaxing when someone started banging on our door. A big guy said he located his iphone in our room and wanted to come in. The young girl who worked there was with him and she looked scared. Thank God my husband was with me and didn't let him in. The guy was trying to get in to other rooms other people didn't answer the door. He was still in the parking lot when I told him to call his phone and it was in his truck. I do not feel safe there anymore. I went there to get away because my mom just died. It was not a good visit. I told management the next day and they didn't even apologize for our bad experience in fact the last two visits they have not been as friendly. In fact one of the workers said the guy was there 4 days ago.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

we took a little weekend trip to our favorite place to go to get in some hot springs for a little soaking...this time we also to our little furbaby, Gertrude... so they put us in their pet friendly room "The Studio"... you know I really think I like that room the best...the only thing I would change is putting a bigger tv in the room... we have also stayed in "The world turns" room and loved it also.....

1  Thank Hubby-Loves2travel
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed in the guest bungalow. We decided last minute to take a weekend trip and that was the only availability. Not as cute as the other rooms but we didn't intend to spend a lot of time in the room. Complimentary soak in the main bath house was nice but the RED TUB was even better! My only suggestion would be that the caretakers add additional curtains to the window in the bedroom. The sun was quite bright at 6:30 am.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We made a this a special stop on our way home from California mainly for the hot springs. We were not disappointed. The inn was quaint, comfortable and the hot springs bath in the room was wonderfully relaxing. We were greeted at our arrival by a wonderful lady who showed us our room and explained everything. We were able to enjoy the hot springs bath in our room whenever we wanted. We stayed in the As the World Turns room. It was a blast to the past but with modern flair. This is a must if you're in the area.