“Best Breakfast Burrito in New Mexico”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michael's MiniMart Deli
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Velarde
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I know that this may seem crazy, but the breakfast burrito made at Mike's MiniMart, a gas station in Velarde, NM, is out of this world. Quite substantial, one burrito could be shared, but it's so good, you'll want to eat the whole thing yourself. My favorite is the bacon green chile breakfast burrito. A fantastic treat when driving through the canyon! Mike and his wife are wonderful hardworking people who treat their customers like family.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

If you are ordering for a family it can get very expensive if you chose to eat here. Although the food is delicious and filling as well as tasty and the chile is actually hot!

I have gotten almost all of there menu options and although some of them are not up to my expectations the breakfast burritos and the taco fries are always worth it.

Although I do not like the fact that every time I come over I always see Alice yelling and being rude to her employee's, as well as unfair I have worked food service before and her attitude is enough to make me not want to come back.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Mike & Alice owned the Espanola Tastee-Freez years ago. We drop in every Friday evening for their burgers, Tacos or Green Chili Cheeseburger. They only have a few tables but we've always found a place to sit and enjoy a great meal. They recently started offering beer on tap.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Four of us went to this restaurant for a late lunch. The food was very good,the helpings large, the service excellent, and the surroundings pleasant. Also contains a lovely bake shop. A favorite of the locals.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Remembering this restaurant from a previous visit to Taos, I was eager to return. The food is tasty with generous portions and reasonable prices. The pastry counter has a lot of variety, again with good prices and generous sizes. Whether for a meal, just a dessert or both, this is a great place to visit.

1  Thank Lynn R