All the staff were lovely, great fun and nothing was too much trouble. Our stay was made extra special, as they sang a traditional Setswana song to me on my 40th birthday and gave me a birthday cake and a bottle of champagne, we also had a lovey bubble bath on the balcony with hippos grunting in the water below...magical. Our safari guide Max was also great. He had lots of knowledge about the wildlife and plants and was good fun as well. It was lovely to only have another 8 guests staying at the lodge, it felt exclusive and special, the food was top class...everything was just perfect. It was also amazing to be on a private reserve when viewing the animals. We also loved the Elephant experience, meeting Jabu and Marula - check out Living with Elephants on Facebook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Baines’ Camp is our smallest and most intimate camp, built on raised platforms high above the Boro River in a huge private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve. An eco-friendly property built using only commercially grown wood, with over 150,000 recycled aluminium cans incorporated within the walls to provide insulation. The camp is raised above the permanent water of the Boro River while wooden walkways connect the main areas and luxury rooms. The swimming pool and the wide wooden deck that surrounds the main dining and sitting room is the ideal place to relax while observing the varied wildlife present here. See prowling lions looking for prey at the edge of the lagoon that the camp overlooks, or watch one of the many elephants who live in the area. The five suites at Sanctuary Baines’ are opulent and luxurious, with ensuite facilities and four-poster beds. Traditional safari ceiling fans create a cooling breeze at even the hottest times of the year. Should you wish, your bed can be wheeled out onto the private wooden deck for a night under the stars, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Boro River where hippo can often be spotted. Or take an indulgent soak under the stars on your own private viewing deck in our opulent star bath. At Baines’ Camp, the sky’s the limit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Sanctuary Baines' Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Baines` Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Baines' Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta