“Good sugar free ices found here.......”

Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Bayside
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Italian
Description: 100+ flavors of Homemade Italian Ices, Ice Cream, Gelato, and more, made fresh right here. Open all year! Family owned since 2004.
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I love Italian Ices and gelato so when I heard about Pesso's having a Yelp event I immediately jumped on the band wagon. My wife and I tried most of the flavors at the Yelp event but this time we were there to review it during regular business and not a Yelp event. The shop is in Bayside right off the Clearview Exp. on 35th Ave and parking is easy as its a residential area.

For 50 years we had been going to the Lemon Ice King in Corona, until now. The last few times at the Lemon Ice King we never got to have ices as we could not find a place to park our car. This is a problem in the area, but not in Bayside near Pesso's.

What we really liked about Pesso's is that they will let you try anything they serve and they do not skimp. One thing they also do is MIX the flavors for you. This is something that is not done at the Lemon Ice King and there's a big sign saying so, so don't ask.

I had a very nice conversation with Gidon the owner and Alyon his son. They explained that everything they make is made on premises and all their ices contain fresh fruit and the ice cream and gelatos all have fresh ingredients. We sampled damn near everything on the menu that we would order. We need to keep our diet sugar free and the sugar free ices at Pesso's kick butt of the sugar free offerings at the Ice King. The lemon was my favorite and the pistachio with whole pieces of pistachios was my second favorite. Chocolate would be next followed by the cherry. Finally a really good sugar free ice!! The gelatos we sampled as well as the ice creams were also very good, though not sugar free we just had to try them.

We will be back to Pesso's many times as we really like the place, the owners and of course their product. Another place to put on weight.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Pesso's ices are great any time of day or night. I am lactose intolerant so the ices are perfect. I pick one up to stay hydrated on a long drive or to simply cool down in the hot NY summers. They have so many flavors from chocolate to watermelon to lemon lime. My daughter loves the almond butter ice cream, tried it it's amazing! With so many flavors to choose from there's one for everyone. Go ahead and get an ice or ice cream.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Wide variety of gelatos, ice cream and ices. Plenty of special combos. You won't be disappointed! Stop by and see for yourself.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

After just getting back from italy in July we have been trying to hit all the places in queens ny for gelato. Found this place and have to say pretty good.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

this is a small corner ice cream shop with BIG flavor and variety. They have ices, ice cream, gelato - everything homemade. Avoid at all costs during school days for an hour after school gets out. The place gets mobbed with kids - no surprise - they know where the good ice cream is to be fund!