Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$167
Bonnie View on Lake George(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Pool
The Juliana Resort(Diamond Point)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$77
US$139
  • Pool
The Point(Bolton Landing)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Bayview Marina & Suites(Bolton Landing)
1,782 results
All reviewsthe main hotelrec centerlake georgela bellabeautiful resortlake viewbrown's pubkids cluboutdoor pooltennis courtsfamily resortlounge chairsshuttle servicethis past weekendlong weekendsuitecondo
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

First....the POSITIVES:. 1. Main inn is beautiful on the exterior and in the interior common areas. Lovely terrace with beautiful views of the lake . First impression upon driving up was very favorable. 2. Our cruise on The Morgan was great - captain shared his vast historical knowledge of the Lake and the area. We had a great afternoon.

NEGATIVES: Four college friends from different areas of the country planned this trip 10 months out, and anticipated a very enjoyable and memorable gathering. Our disappointment began upon checking in - our requested adjoining lakefront rooms were on separate floors , and a change was not available until day 2. The staff was curt and showed no concern for our needs. The hassle of unpacking and repacking and dragging bags up & down several flights of stairs in a dirty, damp and cobweb-filled stairwell was a pain. We requested assistance - none available at that time. The first room was dirty, dried Cheerios from previous guests on floor and bedside table . Dirty, smudged mirrors, mold around tub, floors needed to be vacuumed. Certainly not what one would expect from an "upscale" resort. After relocation the following day, the second room had a dirty kitchen area and exposed wires where the light fixture would have been over the dining table. Used Kleenex on the floorUgh! Totally unacceptable, especially for the thousands of dollars we paid.
We dined in 4 of their restaurants -food seemed to be hit or miss and service varies from very good (once) to very slow and disinterested servers (twice). Views of the Lake were outstanding, however.
Evidently, the current owners have reduced staff dramatically and focus on the bottom line, rather than providing excellent accommodations and service. Needless to say, while we enjoyed spending several days with our dear friends, none of us would ever return to this property. No where even near a 4 or 5 star resort -really a diss appointment.

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank gww3
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear gww3,

I would rather stick to the positives but know that your negatives should be addressed. Like I have said in previous responses we do appreciate hearing the good and bad. In your specific case I apologize for the cleanliness of the stairways and room. Not acceptable and we hear you. Also your comments about dining are noted. I truly apologize and wish you had a better experience. I know we are capable of better. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Sagamore is one of the old jewels of the grand hotels in New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. The setting is unparalleled -- an island in the middle of Lake George. This is the old money part of Lake George, not the Lake George of ticky tacky gift shops and old 1950s playlands like Santa's Kingdom and Frontiertown (although to be fair there is an endearing quality to that Lake George). The rooms are not large -- true -- as an old place it has its quirks and sometimes you can hear noises in the hall -- true. But it has lots of character. Just sit by the lake, find a good novel, and have a wonderfully relaxing vacation.
PS And how's this for service? My husband forgot his suit jacket and we had a formal event the next morning -- too late to go shopping. The concierge and the staff spent more than hour finding a coat that fit him from ones left behind by other guests. And they did it with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alice P

Dear Alice P,

Thank you for saying that we are an "Upstate Jewel". You comments are truly appreciated and I know the staff will also be pleased. In addition, thank you for recognizing the efforts of the concierge and staff as well. Please enjoy the remainder of the summer.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful and charming, and all the restaurants on site are good. We would definitely return. Our room was quaint but had some nice modern touches in the accessories (the bathroom was also updated). I will agree with other reviewers that the pool and lake get crowded during the summer - so I would recommend trying to get down to the water or pool by 10-10:30 a.m. to get a spot. The on-site spa was nice but small (I don't think I had a "spa experience" when I got a manicure and pedicure here but it was done well). I thought the on-site gym was nice and there were classes offered such as pilayo. The cruise trip on the Sagamore's Morgan touring boat was relaxing and scenic. In terms of meals at the on-site restaurants, I would get the lobster roll during your stay! Also, I would recommend eating at the Pavilion restaurant on-site because you are literally eating on the water with some fantastic views. There are amazing views of Lake George from this hotel so I highly recommend taking the time to walk around the resort property (including the nature trail). One warning - if you order a latte you are not getting a real latte (it is nespresso and not real or handcrafted lattes which I expected for this establishment).

Room Tip: Staying in the main hotel property and not in one of the lodges is probably more convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kreynolz,

Thank you for choosing the Sagamore and for your review. I was pleased to see that you took advantage of much of what we have to offer. In addition I know the chef will be pleased that you gave a shout out to the lobster roll! It is a guest favorite for sure! Thank you again for choosing The Sagamore and we hope we get the opportunity to see you again!

All the best,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and i spent 3 nights and the Sagamore and were extremely satisfied. It is an old hotel with the quirks you'd might expect from a place with age (for example, floors sometimes squeak). However, it has been updated as required, but still contains a lot of its period features. The staff was great and there's much to do or not do, if that is your pleasure. For example, you can swim in one of several pools, or if you like, they have a roped off area of the lake with a life guard. Also, there are trips around the lake several times a week on the Morgan, an old pseudo-steamer which is very delightful. In addition, the restaurants on site are very good and reasonably priced; but don't expect them to be 4 star (who needs it on a vacation). In sum, we plan to go back in the future and stay more than 3 nights.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cookiebob

Dear Cookiebob,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I was happy to read that the staff was great and there's so much to do! Comments such as yours are truly appreciated. I also was pleased to read that you will be back and stay with us for more than three nights. Could I suggest the whole summer?

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel was said to be luxurious, beautiful and fancy, but its not a five star hotel. The staff is rude, the breakfast buffet is poor and overpriced and my room did not have hot water the first night. The beachfront and the pool front are always overcrowded for the summertime. Other than that the pool and the lake are gorgeous and the lake house and the pavilion are good. The Grille is definitely the best place to eat but the only thing is you need to take the van their.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
The_Sagamore_Resort, General Manager at The Sagamore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Christian H,

Thank you for your candid review. I was sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations but I was pleased to read that your experience at the Grill proved positive. I hope you know that we will strive to win you over and I truly hope we get that opportunity. Thank you again for your posting and I hope we get to welcome you back to The Sagamore once again.

Regards,