“Tasty sushi without heading into Manhattan!”

Palace of Japan Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 1,250 Restaurants in Bronx
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Very good sushi and good service. Fresh food, good array of choices. Miso soup is delicious. I haven't eaten a ton of sushi over the years but have had enough to know that this place is really quite good. Cocktails are also really delicious - the lychee martini is especially tasty. Riverdale does not have a lot of really good restaurants - I would say this is one of the few.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

We went here hoping to find a sushi spot that was comparable to some of the restaurants in Manhattan that we usually frequent. This place was mindblowing! The service was spot on from the moment we walked in until our exit. The servers were very attentive, prompt, and knowledgeable about the menu. I am currently pregnant and the server recommended some great cooked rolls.

We ordered Hamachi kama as an appetizer, and it was the largest piece of fish I have ever received, and broiled to perfection. The hidden dragon roll and I love Lucy roll were so fresh tasting. Everything was reasonably priced too.

I wish we had visited this place sooner. I am already looking forward to our next meal here.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

Our Chrsitmas Day visit was our 3rd (my mom lives nearby) and the first thing that hits you is the service, from the welcoming hostess to the efficient wait-staff. It's unmatched. The food is brought prmptly and they keep the tables clean as you move from course to course. The food, while not authentic Japanese, is good and portions tend to be larger than an authentic Japanese restaurant. Specifically, the sushi was very good but the sushi rolls, while good, were not as good. We found the tempura, miso soup and sweet potato appetizer to be very good while the dinner salad and agedashi were ok. In all fairness we are comparing this to an authentic Japanese restaurant so it oes the trick and we'll be back.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We are always pleased when we eat here. The food and service are both good and although it's a small restaurant we're always comfortable.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

This is my first dinner out everytime I come to New York. I love the place, the food is delicious and my first dinner is always a Dinner Box which costs $23 and it is a complete meal which makes me happy.
The service is always very good and they always recognise me even if I am in New York once a year for 6 weeks in the Summer. I always take new colleagues to the place to try sushi and other special dishes and everytime it is a success like last Thursday. I will go back soon. Well Done!