“Award winning”
Review of Topps Bakery

Topps Bakery
Ranked #3 of 5 Bakeries in Bronxville
Reviewed 2 April 2018

There is a reason Topps is constantly so well rated: the baked goods are consistently fresh and scrumptious!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

As with previous reviews, I agree that sometimes things are not too fresh. I bought a cake that was a bit dry, but I'm not the type of person to complain about things like that, albeit the price is a bit high. However, when I get a fresh product, which really is most of the time, it's really good and worth it. I think if you ask if its fresh, they'll tell you. Also, try the Parker rolls and pecan buns.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

They are expensive, but you will never be disappointed! They have a large selectio of pastries, donuts, breads, cookies, cakes (awesome Napoleon cake!) candies. Local bakery that's been around for years and we hope they'll be around many years more! Lovely, pleasant and accommodating staff.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I went to Topps to order a birthday cake. I ordered a carrot cake for 8 servings for the following day. The cake was ready when I got there the following day. It traveled well in a cooler on my 3 hour trip and was a big hit with my friends. The cake was one of the best carrot cakes I've had. My only slight issue was the frosting didn't seem to be a traditional cream cheese frosting. It was a bit stiffer then I like in a carrot cake frosting. Otherwise it was fine. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I recommend Topps to anyone not worried about budget, as they are a bit pricey.

1  Thank barbarajean974
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Like many of the reviewers, I agree that Topps can be overpriced for often mediocre quality. I feel like some items here are very good (the twisted sugar donuts are delicious, as are the jelly donuts and most of the muffins), some are pretty good (cupcakes, cookies) and some are not that good/not worth the price (cakes, breads). However, since it's a local business, I like to support it and visit on a regular basis. My big problem with Topps and the reason I give it only a 2 star rating is that it's just not kid friendly. The woman that work behind the counter are very nice in general, but the layout is not conducive to visiting with kids (especially strollers) and on a recent visit we got a lot of dirty looks and rather rude comments (from someone I'm assuming was a manager or owner) when we tried to eat our pastries at one of the tables regarding our stroller and how hard it was to get around in the bakery. I totally agree--it is extremely difficult to navigate the bakery when a stroller (or 2) are in there, so maybe get rid of the giant shelves in the middle of the bakery selling chocolates/candies. Any place that sells giant cookies and cupcakes for as much as Topps does is clearly trying to attract moms with kids as customers, so I suggest making the bakery comfortable and easy-to-navigate for those of us with kids. And, when you do have someone with kids in the bakery who just purchased more than $20 of pastries and they are seated at a table with their kids, skip the rude comments and mean glares.

1  Thank MrsDougherty