“Yummy Dinner ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

While looking for property, we stumbled upon this lovely little place. The staff was kind. The food was great. I’m not sure what I expected from this place but my expectations were exceeded.
I can’t wait to return in the summer. The view to the river is lovely.

1  Thank NYCmomWifeTeacher

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I listed this as a spot for couple but truly it is a spot for any situation. Matthew's may look like neighborhood bar from the outside but don't be fooled.
There is always an amazing variety of foods often sourced locally. You can also get great "bar" food.
Do yourself a favor and stop in. So delicious!!

2  Thank Katie W
Reviewed 29 October 2017

The menu was tight in that you are not overwhelmed by the number of choices. I chose the Pork Enchiladas with mole sauce and it was beautiful. Dessert was a hibiscus raspberry cake, dense and scrumptious. Dominique, the owner/hostess, was solicitous throughout the evening, even bringing her husband, the chef, to the table to explain the dessert. Lovely couple. Definitely a place to revisit.

1  Thank picante2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Start to Finish, our meal was wonderful!The Weekend Specials were excellent. We started with the Falafel Plate of Chickpea Fritters which had a great crispy crunch on them to dip in the Tahini Sauce and loved the bottle of wine (Passione Entimento; very reasonable ($23)and had the Pork Enchilidas with Mole Sauce and the Portugese Style Fish Stew which had a nice bite to it. The service was excellent; The owner/hostess Dominique was friendly and attentive. When we asked about the Hibiscus Cake, she went to see if her husband/Chef Matthew could come out to tell us about it. He explained that he adds a cup of Hibiscus Raspberry tea to the cake batter. It was the perfect ending to my husband's and friend's dinner. Dominique then took my remaining bit of chocolate peanut butter pie and brought it back with a triple chocolate sauce dollop on the plate and insisted we all try it. There was a hint of raspberry liquor in it which was delicious! We will be back!

1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This looks like a local bar, but it is so much more! The food is awesome, well prepared and presented by the chef. GO!

2  Thank Julie M