“Superb Hibachi and Sushi - and Excellent Service”

Mitsuba Hibachi and Sushi
Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Camillus
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The generous portions and excellent service compliments the very tasty fare at this new Asian restaurant on the west side. The parking is ample and the main dining room comfortable; the hibachi tables, in a different room provide an inviting atmosphere for celebrations.

We had edamame, soft shell crab, soup and salad, and our only complaint might be that the salad was mediocre. This was compensated, however, by a really tasty complementary portion of sushi roll.

I forgot my cellphone on the table and waitress ran out to catch me in the parking lot. You don't find that kind of attention very often!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We went on a fairly slow weekday evening. The atmosphere is nice and we were quickly seated at a hibachi table with another family. The chef appeared shortly thereafter. He was personable and seemed to enjoy his job and putting on a show. He was also very liberal with the squeeze bottle of Saki. The food was plentiful and prepared just right whether it was beef, chicken, pork or shrimp.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I'm a fan of Japanese steakhouses where the meal is cooked on a hibachi table as you watch. Even though the cooks have a fairly standard repertoire of tricks, I still enjoy the show.

Three of us had a nice lunch at Mitsuba, and they didn't hesitate to bring a hibachi cook out for just the three of us. Although this particular cook didn't have quite the range of stunts that I've seen others perform as they prepare the meal, the results were very good and we were all happy with our meals. As we were finishing, we observed a different cook at an adjacent table cooking for just two people, and his "show" was a little better. But that's true anywhere--some are better than others even within the same restaurant.

A few minor observations: Since Mitsuba is open for lunch, they have a lunch menu with lunch sized portions and prices, which we appreciated; not all hibachi restaurants do this. The lunch portion here is plenty big enough. Their fried rice was good but didn't have as many minor ingredients as we've seen elsewhere. When we were there, there was jazz saxophone music playing on the sound system. I guess that's okay if you like that sort of thing but personally I like ethnic restaurants to play music from their countries of origin as a matter of complementing the atmosphere; in this case, I'd have preferred Japanese background music. But these are minor quibbles; generally, we were very satisfied with the experience.

Mitsuba offers sushi but none of our party tried it on this visit and so I can't comment on that aspect of their offerings.

In the greater Syracuse area I have a favorite hibachi restaurant located in a different area, and Mitsuba didn't displace it as my favorite. However, I did like Mitsuba enough that I'll likely return when I'm in the Camillus area.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Excellent taste, service and quality of food. Had dining instead of hibachi. Service was attentive and not rushed. Food was well presented, fresh and had a lot of flavor. Atmosphere was just perfect.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

This restaurant is in the Township 5 mall area. I have eaten here twice. Both times were good. Service is efficient and food was good. On the first visit I was with 12 and we ate at a hibachi. It was the usual show and a good time.
This most current time I ate with only one person. He had sushi delux and thought he fish was pretty good - not excellent but good. I had the futomaki and eel and avocado rolls a la carte. Both of my rolls were good.
We had the rice tea, which I love. It is free! And they served a little complimentary fried nori roll.
I like this place and will probably be returning. It isn't too far from my home.
They offer a full bar with stools, table service, booths and of course, the hibachi tables. Parking is free in the shopping center lot.