“Best Fried Chicken and Ribs in the area”

Barnwood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Love this little place for "down home" BBQ. Wish they had kept the original name, as I still call it "The BBQ Barn."

Carol B, Owner at Barnwood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for your review! You're right, we started as BBQ Barn way back in 1998. Honestly, people still call us the "Old Dairy Queen"!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

At the end of a long weekend, my husband and I were looking for a place that could let us get out of our vehicle, have a nice meal, and then head back out to finish travelling home. WOW, did this restaurant give us more than we bargained for! We ordered appetizers and steak dinners. My husband had the calamari- the best he has had in years- and the sweet corn nuggets, and I had the onion rings. Sneaking more than a few of the nuggets, I can say they were fantastic. The onion rings were large, crispy, and equally tasty. The steaks were lightly seasoned and came with potato and vegetable. Our server was knowledgeable about the food, fast, efficient and friendly. This is a great place for families. Go here!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Ate here after recommendation by motel owner...great place to eat...lots of food...very good prices, in a barnish atmosphere...will DEFINITELY eat here again when in the area...

1  Thank Phydeaux777
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Barnwood has good food at a very reasonable price. The waitstaff is friendly, and food comes to the table quickly and very hot, even when they are very busy. We had to wait a few minutes before ordering due to the number of people dining; however, it was worth the wait. The food was better than we had remembered. The chicken tenders were crunchy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. The fish was the same, and the fries were crispy and piping hot. The brown beans were delicious, made with some shredded pork. Go as you are and dine in a relaxing atmosphere.

1  Thank Cac1234
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I've dined inside before and the dishes served were very good with a nice variety. I decided to get a "Take Out" order of chicken and onion rings as I had errands to complete. The 16 piece fried chicken w/ 4 large sides for $27.99 was well worth the price. However, $5.99 for a bucket of onion rings sounded like a good deal. Well, there is no "Bucket", only a styrofoam container w/ 6 onion rings. Really?? A dollar per onion ring??
A little disconcerting. Stick to the entrees, avoid the side dishes.

2  Thank David256