“Great Recommandation by a Friend”
Review of 394 Main Wine Bar

394 Main Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Price range: US$5 - US$75
Description: Wine bar with eclectic bites and local food and drink. Fascinating wine selections by sommelier Daniel Combs. House made breads, pastries, and charcuterie, together with the best wines from around the world.
Reviewed 16 April 2016

We usually don't stop in Catskill for dinner ,but this time we were tired and didn't want to drive to Hudson.We vaguely remembered our friend mentioning the wine bar with delicious food. The place looked very inviting from the outside and cozy on the inside.
tastefully decorated , with a long banquette as it is fashionable in France. The menu is very enticing and reasonably priced. My hubby ordered the chicken over risotto which was incredibly delicious.I came from a medical appointment and had only a gorgeous salad plate with pecorino cheese and pinoli nuts. it was absolutely fresh and delicious . The service was impeccable ! The owners were attentive and friendly. A couple dining at the bar said that the owner is the new Jacques Pepin chef of Catskill. We shall return soon !!!

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Well it worked - we took the opportunity to visit restaurants we hadn't been to before. This one was a winner! Love the atmosphere, very friendly service, and excellent food. We all enjoyed our dinners.
We'll be back!

Reviewed 2 April 2016

My husband and I were very excited to try this restaurant as part of Greene County Restaurant week, from the outside the appearance is so cozy and cute, it is small and when we walked in we stood at the front and waited about 8 mins until anyone acknowledged our presence and there no frenzy of activity going on. Someone finally came up to us and asked if we wanted to wait at the bar for a few mins, which was no problem except when we got to the bar then the bartender ignored us. I looked at my husband an suggested maybe we go back to another local restaurant but he wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to this new place. We were given a table in the front about three inches away from the next table, so we were hard to miss. We waited quite a while for anyone to ask us if we wanted a drink and to take our order. They were offering a fixed prix menu with 3 courses. We also ordered an additional appetizer. When our food did come, it was so good, then we were asked if we wanted some bread, no one brought bread. When our meals arrived my husband asked for bread again. It never came. At this point we watched every other table being served and we were just ignored. We had reached the limit of our patience, we just wanted a check and to leave, no one asked if we wanted more drinks, asked about the third course we were paying for and never received, and as I mentioned we could see the next table 3 inches away getting serviced constantly. When we asked for the check it took about 15 mins to get that, my husband was ready to just walk out, the staff had to see we were so upset that when the check was brought the host dropped the check and said "sorry we took off the wine because of the bad service", too little to late. They should have also taken off for the course we were received. Despite the poor service we left a tip, and the host tried to follow us out to tell us why the service was so bad and ask us to come back again, I feel bad for the owner and the chef because the food was very good but I would never return due to the poor service

1  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Stopped there a few month ago for dinner with a few friends.
The restaurant is small cozy and cute and certainly not crowded.
The food was rather slow to come and when it came it was very small portion (tapas style). My friends and I were still hungry after we payed almost $30 to $40 each.
Anyhow, food ended up being quite mediocre. We dont know why but the lady who served us told us they hired their chef from Craigslist… (What????!!)
Wine were gorgeous but also highly priced sarong $9 to $10 per glass.
Unfortunately you can’t verify this fact because they still not have a website...

Reviewed 7 January 2016

We were @394 for brunch. Coffee-wine Bar fits the profile for Main Street in Catskill. We have lived through the bad times in the 08-09’s on Main Street, and it’s refreshing to taste a comeback to Main Street. I’m not seeing a website as of 1/6/2016, but there are many positive reviews from my TripAdvisor friends. They know good things when they taste them!
Sunday Brunch was phenomenal! Bloody Mary’s to start and the Prix Fix menu was such a value, we will be back… like this next weekend!
The salmon was more than one could consume, and we shared. Eggs benedict gets 6 stars from me for not including that round shaped bacon from you know where in processed food land! It was perfectly sliced on the bias and absolutely tender and the eggs poached to perfection. Potato pancakes were light and fluffy and were not like latke’s.
We never did try the wine bar, but we’ll be back! Cawfee on any day of the week replaces the lost coffee establishments long gone.
This is one of my “shameless endorsements” of my 96 reviews on TripAdvisor.
-David Allen