“It’s not the Outback I used to know”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #54 of 148 Restaurants in Clifton Park
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The prime rib was bland and tough even though I ordered medium rare. It was served with au ju but I had to ask for horseradish. The baked potato was dry, small and had too little sour cream and fixins. Too little sauce for the over cooked bloomin onion. The salad was good. For desert I had the Thunder Down Under which is suppose to be a brownie topped with vanilla ice cream chocolate sprinkles and fudge sauce. The brownie was chocolate cake. Not a brownie at all and disintegrated immediately. I think what we have here is a franchise Outback riding the coattails of the Outback name but substituting poor ingredients. I hadn’t been to an Outback Steakhouse in a long time. I was sorely disappointed.

OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello,

We feel terrible that we let you down. If you’d like to get in touch directly, please fill out our Contact Us form and we will reach back out: https://www.outback.com/contact

Leah
Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed 10 January 2018

First visit. wife had Garlic filet medallions, I had 28oz sirloin with garlic butter. The Filet, as you would expect, had no fat and were very tender and cooked to perfection and were delicious.My sirloin was the big surprise, No fat or gristle to be found, a first for me in a chain restaurant! Also cooked to perfection(medium). We both had the broccoli and mashed potatoes which were also excellant. Beverages were strawberry sangria and a large schooner of oatmeal stout, both excellent. Service was extremely good, our server was Taylor who was a very personable and helpful young lady. All in all, a delightful experience....We will return!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I ordered online yesterday. I got to the restaurant and shortly after parking an employee came out and told me they have been having problems with their online ordering. He offered me a drink or soup while I waited and they would put a rush on my order because it wasn't ready when it said it would be. A second person came out and gave me a hot chocolate while I waited and said it wouldn't be long. They brought out my food and apologized for the wait. They went above and beyond and they were extremely nice about it. I appreciated the great service considering it was so cold outside.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The menu is typical with burgers, shrimp, steaks, etc. The prices range from $8.00 and up. The french onion soup was ok but had an odd aftertaste. The waitress was not attentive and it took over 15 minutes to get the check and leave.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We have not visited an Outback in many years. While on our trip to PA we stopped for lunch. We had the filet and it was excellent. They had baked potatoes at lunch time. We were so satisfied that we stopped on our way home from PA to enjoy another lunch. I found this to be as good as Longhorn restaurant which we frequent at home. I can't speak of other Outbacks but I would definitely recommend this one!