“One up on your typical casual dining”
Review of Spaghetti Kettle

Spaghetti Kettle
Ranked #7 of 24 Restaurants in Clinton
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Kettle is a true family style Italian-American restaurant conveniently located on historic Seneca Turnpike in Kirkland, NY. The Kettle has been delighting Mohawk Valley diners with its unique menu of high quality Italian favorites for over 30 years. Our desire for our customers is to provide the highest quality of food and service in a comfortable setting. All of our meals are cooked to order so please be patient. We will do our very best to accommodate you.
Reviewed 12 October 2016

The Spaghetti Kettle is a quiet, unobtrusive little restaurant, located in Kirkland, NY, just outside of Utica. My husband and I have eaten at the Kettle twice-once for dinner, and more recently, for lunch. This review will cover our latest visit, for lunch.

My husband and I arrived around 11:30 am for lunch, and the dining area and bar were quiet. A table of four at the other end of the room were our only dining neighbors. After perusing the extensive menu offerings (chicken, veal salads, seafood, pasta, beef, pork, the Kettle pasta specialties, as well as a children's menu), we settled on our choices. My husband chose the haddock fish fry, a regional Friday staple. His meal consisted of a fairly hefty piece of haddock, fried lightly to a golden crisp. Also included were the usual accompaniments- french fries, coleslaw, and a chef salad. The fry itself was wonderful ( I had to try a bite, for review purposes of course, lol). Moist, flaky, and fresh, with just enough coating to give it a lovely crunch. Not overpowering at all.

I ordered the Antipasto salad. I fully expected the usual style of antipasto for the area-some torn iceberg lettuce, a couple tomatoes, thin slices of deli-style salami and provolone, some peperoncini, all covered in some kind of oil and vinegar mixture. I was very pleasantly surprised. This was a pretty substantial antipasto salad. Large rounds of supressata sausage, along with chunks of hearty provolone, red onions, roasted peppers, tomatoes, peperoncini, celery, tuna, and anchovies, all covered lightly with an spice blend vinaigrette. Wonderful stuff.

The service itself was fine-the restaurant offers a full bar, and drinks and entrees were delivered in a timely manner, and our waitress was attentive, polite, and friendly.

All in all, our two trips to the Kettle have been a positive experience, and we plan on returning soon.

The K, Public Relations Manager at Spaghetti Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Hi, thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope you come see us again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

This is exactly what you would expect. Casual atmosphere, friendly wait staff and the food was good for the area. I had the chicken Riggi (medium spice). I loved the flavor of the sauce but the pasta was slightly over cooked and the sauce a bit oily however the flavor was really good. We also shared a pizza. The crust is a bit thick and chewy, and they use a lot of cheese but it tasted ok. The salad with the Gorgonzola, grapes and walnuts was good. And the tortellini was almost like a soup but it had meatball. I think that dish was average and the pasta over cooked. Given all this, I would still go back because for the area, this is what I would expect.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

This family restaurant serves good quality home-made food at realistic prices, the evening we were there it was very busy, but service was still excellent.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

the food is fantastic but being a steady customer they have bumped up their prices to the point that, come on this is Italian food you are getting in the esoteric price range!

Reviewed 9 May 2016

My mother loves this restaurant, so my sister and I decided to make a reservation there for Mother's Day. We got there at 1pm, which is when our reservation was. The host seated us right away. Our waitress told us that two waitresses didn't show up for work so her and another girl were serving the whole restaurant. She assured us that she would get to us shortly. We were busy talking so we really didn't mind the wait. I thought it was a little bizarre that the host wasn't helping with drink orders, but we didn't mind the wait. About a 1/2 hour later we received our drinks and ordered our food. We had appetizers, salad, and entrees and even decided to get desert. We payed for our bill. After paying my mother asked the waitress if we could have one more round of drinks. Which the waitress brought. We payed for those drinks and continued talking while drinking the glass of wine. Just when finishing our glass of wine the host came up to us and said, "ladies we need this table." Pretty much kicking us out. Now in their defense we do talk A LOT when our family gets together. However we understood when we had to wait for our drinks. Not to mention while exiting the establishment there was only one family waiting for a table. I understand it was a holiday and people have reservations, but that was just rude. I don't think I will be returning to this restaurant anytime soon. In fear that my conversations are way to long and they need to kick me out again.

1  Thank princessshan78