“Wow”

We eat out a lot
Often Asian restaurants so we have covered most in the Capitol Region
This is one of the top 2 here
Everyone liked their selections including Chinese, Japanese and sushi
Service was attentive, timely and not intrusive
We will be going back

1  Thank Allen C

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We've eaten here a couple of times now, and always order a soup (wonton and/or miso) and sushi. The staff / service is very good - friendly and attentive. The sushi is also plated in a very appealing way. Most importantly, it is TASTY!! We have ordered a few different types, and found all of them to be very fresh and delicious. My favorite is the Pink Panther roll - I recommend you try it! We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

I was staying in Cohoes for just a week and, as a vegan, needed a place I could rely upon for quality food. Thank goodness for Yuan Sushi!

The first time I visited I got the Veggie Maki combo with Miso Soup. It was a situation where I was ordering takeout with a group and when orders get messed up it is usually the vegan in the group that suffers. Not to worry - everything was exactly as ordered, fresh, delicious, timely and a nice touch of wrapping the eating utensils in a folded menu for cleanliness and portability.

The staff was friendly and on my next visit very accommodating. I came at lunch and wanted the Vegetable Hibachi lunch special but it had California Roll (not vegan). They didn't flinch nor bat an eye when I asked if they might sub a veggie maki for it. I was so happy!

Again, my lunch was tasty, fresh and took no time at all to be served. I sat at a table and chairs but saw another diner enjoying his lunch at the sushi bar. Some other customers were waiting for takeout and I heard they were offered a beverage while they waited.

Yuan Sushi is a welcome addition to downtown Cohoes. For a vegan visitor like myself, it was an oasis that I could count on during my stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This is a fairly new Japanese/sushi place that just opened on Remsen St. in Cohoes. Nice to have some variety here. My husband had the sushi and raved about it. I had a more traditional meal and it was delicious. Service was amazing and you could watch them make the sushi rolls fresh! Will be back.

1  Thank lor131
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The sushi is flavorful, light and fresh ingredients. Rice is as it should be - light and not laid on thick. I would recommend Yuan to friends and family. It is good to have a restaurant serving this quality food in the Cohoes/Waterford area. Staff is very friendly and attentive. I did not try their other Asian dishes from their varied menu as I gravitate toward sushi. Interior of Yuan is comfortable although we ordered our sushi to go.