“Always a Pleasure”
Review of Foundry Cafe

Foundry Cafe
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Reviewed 1 May 2016

We have eaten at the Foundry Cafe off and on over the years. It has a very laid back and casual atmosphere. It is a mix of locals and tourists..kids are welcome. We love the food, (fresh ingredients), and the service is fine, very friendly. Their efficiency probably depends on how busy they are. We don't tend to partake in sweets, so I can't comment on the desserts and baked goods. The coffee is delicious, although our experience is only with the espresso and cappuccino. They post a daily coffee on the board, plus other specials.. Quiche of the day etc.. We used to go more for lunch, or stop by on a bike ride to get coffee. Lately, we have been going for breakfast. My husband swears by the pancakes. I like the omelets---and the whole wheat toast is good, (not just an afterthought.) There are plenty of choices on the menu, whether one is trying to eat healthy, or not. I don't think you can go wrong with any of it.

Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

The food is very good and is of high quality the waitress is a little inattentive. Such as not asking if we wanted coffee, not giving water refills and being slow to come to take our order. I would come back here more often because the food is good but the waitressing staff is painful so I don't come as often as I would as there are other good restaurants in Coldspring

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

We stopped by on a day trip and had coffee and cheesecake which was homemade and very good, absolutely worth a visit for that alone! Service was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

This cafe has very good food. On a recent monday afternoon, we sat in the cafe for fifteen minutes and no one said anything to us. There was only one waitress, ok, but say something . Two people came in after fifteen minutes and the waitress went right over and took their order ! We told people who were waiting they could have our table. The waitress heard this and rudely told us to have a nice day. We will never go here again !

Reviewed 4 November 2015

I just loved this old style interior that they ask that you not use cell phones while inside. Great place to disconnect. The food is fresh and the atmosphere is very friendly.