“Destination Restaurant Exit 52 off LIE”

Ara Greek Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ara Greek Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 129 Restaurants in Commack
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

This new restaurant àra is starting the trend ... DESTINATION DINING @ Commack Exit 52 LIE, with a real bang.

Chef Chris is, as he says, "100 % Greek", and he heritage and diverse range of training and service is reflected in everything you see.

From ceiling to floor, everything shines. And the menu selections. Authentic savory Greek cuisine like the saganaki, octopus, hummus, ... oh and those meatballs! A real treat in an emerging location.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went with my husband and another couple that is Greek. So we all love Greek food and wanted to give it a try. Food was very tasty, but I️ personally like more lemon on the dishes that are supposed to be lemony. Example is the lemon soup and the lemon potatoes. Tasted good, but not wow’d by them. The lamb chops were a little fattier than expected, but seasoned nicely. The prices were what we expected. The spanakorizo was my side dish and it was really good and the portion was big. We got a bottle of Pinot Noir on the low end and it was $48 so not bad. We didn’t have dessert as we were full. Service was very good. People were attentive, but not overbearing.
I️ would definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

A very nice addition to our 3 other greek food offering. Ara is fancy. I gave it 4 stars for its potential. Open only two weeks kinks are being worked out. Its a large space with two separate rooms open to each other. Three of us sat in the bar room. They had tvs but even with all the activities it wasn't noisy. The food is excellent, a tad on the expensive side for the portion size. I suggest they include a small salad with the entrees. Entrees are unique to the restaurant but some are the familiar stand bys . Coctails were excellent. Staff is there to please and make immediate corrections. The bar is classy and I feel will become a destination. Handicapped friendly, vegetarian dishes and dietary needs considered. I wish them luck, Commack is becoming a foodie town, restaurants are here for 20 years or gone in a year depending on food and cleanliness and value. My next visit will be checking out lunch.