All reviews no elevator great location restaurant downstairs middle of town hall of fame eggs benedict historical building first floor breakfast buffet creaky floors small bathroom main street queen room park your car doubleday field french toast visiting cooperstown
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Our room at Tunnicliff was clean, pleasant, adequate for our needs, although not spacious. The Inn is in a historical building much of which is over 200 years old. It is centrally located, across the street from the Baseball Hall of Fame, a mile from the Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmer's Museum, and about 7 miles from Glimmerglass Opera. Restaurants are nearby and scenic Lake Otsego two blocks away. The rooms in the inn are scattered on three floors but the age of the building does not allow construction of an elevator. There is help available getting moved in, but if you cannot negotiate stairs, you should call and try to obtain a room on the first floor. There is little parking at the inn, but we had no trouble locating free 24 hr parking a block away.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Stayed recently on a visit to the area for a concert. Room was large and clean but the building is old and the repairs seem a less than professional. For example fireplace on the main floor has two portable air conditioners next to it and exhaust tubes feeding up the flue. Breakfast looks fancier than it is, the food is about what you would expect at a chain hotel that includes breakfast. In all fairness there was a "made to order" option from the kitchen that we did not take advantage of. My wife was put off by the fact that the shampoo containers were packaged like "ketchup" packets. Not a big deal but a little odd. Another odd thing was that we were greeting by someone who made a point of repeatedly telling us that the doors were always unlocked and that you could come in at any time. Is this a good thing? There is a little bit of parking behind the building and free overnight parking down the street a few blocks so that was good. All things considered, not terrible but don't expect too much.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kborden195
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Made a late reservation for visiting Cooperstown/ Glimmerglass, not a lot of availability, the place is about what I expected, but is in desperate need of a makeover, there is so much potential here that is being missed if the owners paid more attention to the details.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Charlie P
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Place is in serious need of a renovation. Furniture, lamps, chairs, wall hangings and such look like they were purchased from a used furnishing store. Very tacky. Overpriced. Only thing it’s got going for it is location near everything however there are several other inns near by you SHOULD choose. Oh did I mention parking is iffy......

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 741billg
Reviewed 19 July 2018

For the money I spent on this, I would’ve rather have stayed out of Town at a Marriot or Days Inn, places with ample parking, quiet air conditioning, an elevator and coffee that’s ready before 8am !!! The parking lot was almost full and we were told to park down by the lake, its free all day, otherwise we woulld’ve had to keep feeding the meter ! You are not guaranteed a parking spot ! Rooms were small and the AC runs nosiy ! Had to put a pillow over my ear to go to sleep ! I have bad knees but they still stuck me on the the 3rd floor, I was in so much pain going up those steps ! This is a vacation !? When I woke up, I went downstairs at 7am to get coffee and it wasn’t ready yet ! I had to go across the street to the coffee shop ! And if you want a waffle you have to press a button and they come and will make it for you ! It was half the size of a regular waffle and the syrup was so sugary, we wound up throwing it out !!! When you need to talk to someone, no ones at the desk, you have to call them on the phone and eventually they come over ! If you like old, quaint and cramped, this is the place for you !!! Stay somewhere else and take the shuttle or trolley to Town !

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family